six

Michael's POV

A week. It's been a week and I haven't heard them. I've called out to make sure, and nothing. I'd like to think they finally left but I know that's too good to be true.

It's a bit strange though. They've never been gone for more than a day. But now I can't see, hear or feel them at all.

Walking down the path towards school everything seemed a bit brighter than normal.

"Hey Michael." I hear a voice beside me, catching me off guard and causing me to jump slightly.

I look up to see who the speaker was, although I had a pretty good idea. "Hi Allie" I respond quietly.

"Are you better than just fine today?" She asks with a chuckle.

"Actually, I am. I'm really great." I say with a small smile.

"Well that's great, Michael." She gives me a gorgeous smile. "Maybe I'll see you laugh and smile a lot more today. I like when you do that"

I could feel the heat rising to my face from that simple comment.

"Yea maybe" I mumble.

We walked in a silence for a minute or two and I decided to speak up.

"So are you liking it here so far?" I ask.

It's been a little over two weeks since she's moved here. I saw her that first day from my window while she was getting something from her car. Her beautiful dark blonde hair cascading behind her and her deep brown eyes full of wonder as she looked around the neighborhood.

I knew at that moment I had to stay away from her. If not she would only end up getting hurt. She was beautiful and I wanted to get to know her but I forced myself to stay quiet, as I always was. She made it difficult though. Her bubbly personality and talkative nature always came around to me, drawing me into conversations and making me want her more.

"Yea it's been getting a bit better each day. I only have two friends though." She laughs.

"Who?" I ask, my curiosity getting the best of me.

"Well this girl, Lauren who's in a couple of my classes and you." She smiles.

"M-me?"

"Yes, you. I consider you my friend. Even though you hardly talk, we walk to and from school together almost everyday."

That was true. Our conversations were short and rare but we walked in silence together a lot. Well not compete silence, she would talk and I would listen, feeling myself being captivated by her voice and laugh.

Allie was different. But a good different. She was funny, smart, nice and beautiful. She didn't avoid me like everyone else. The people at school thought I was an anti social freak. Sure, I didn't talk to people but I had a good reason. A reason no one could find out. A dangerous, hurtful reason.

I was different, but not in a good way. I distanced myself from people who could get hurt by this difference and put my walls up.

But Allie was slowing breaking down those walls.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm writing the next chapter right now and it's already longer, so don't worry. Things will get more interesting haha.

dedicated to uglysunshine for commenting. thank you ily x

Love you guys x