nine

Allie's POV

"Michael!" I call after him when he runs away. But it was no use, he keeps running.

I turn to Luke and immediately start to panic again. He's underneath the rubble of a pillar and faint groans are coming from his mouth. Teachers are urgently moving away all the rubble while other teachers are trying to figure out what caused this and are asking students as witnesses.

A couple have tried asking me but I'm too busy hyperventilating to answer.

"Go down to the nurse, sweetie. You don't seem well. We're getting him to a hospital, don't worry." One of the teachers tells me and I nod.

A few of the teachers are on the phone as I walk out. Some talking to parents, some talking to the school board and others have called the hospital.

I have no idea what the fuck just happened and it's freaking me out. Why would the pillar just collapse like that? And the rest of the ceiling stayed in tact. The rubble didn't go further than Luke.

By the time I get to the nurse, tears are running down my face and I can't breathe. She gives me tissues, water and a bed to lay down on. She tells me that I just need to relax so I don't have an anxiety attack of some sort.

My mind swarms with questions as I lay in the nurse's office. Will Luke be okay? I really hope so, he looked so best up and lifeless though and just oh god, I can't think of this. My heart pounds as I think of his helpless body underneath the rubble and he cries of pain. The thought of it makes me cringe. I've never witness anything quite that horrible.

But why did Michael run? Was he scared of what happened? Did he get hurt to and we just didn't see?

Oh my god. I don't even know what to think.

Several minutes later, I have a pounding headache caused by my troubling thoughts. My mom walks in the door just as I'm getting up to ask the nurse for a painkiller of some sort.

"What are you doing here?" I ask her, rubbing my head.

"All kids are being sent home. I'm on lunch break so I figured I'd pick you up." She tells me. I nod.

"I need to get my things from my locker first."

"Alright, meet me in front of the school."

As I'm walking through the halls everyone has looks of terror on their face. Whether or not they were present, everyone has certainly heard about the incident already.

"Allie? Are you okay?" My friend Sam asks as I reach my locker. Hers is right next to mine.

"I wouldn't say I'm okay." I answer truthfully.

"I think I'm going to have nightmares for the next week. Be glad you didn't see his body."

My eyes widen. "Is he that bad?"

"He was breathing. I can tell you that. But it all happened so quickly. Doctors rushed in and took him away. His body was bloody and one of his arms didn't look the way it was supposed to." Sam shudders.

I feel my eyes prickle as tears threaten to spill from my eyes. "That's terrible." I say in a voice barely audible.

"Yea." She shakes her head softly.

"Well my mom is waiting for me. Bye." I wave at Sam as I walk towards the front of the school. A body collides with me and I look up to see Michael.

"Michael! Where did you go?"

His eyes are red and wide, his breathing fast. "N-no where."

"Are you okay?" I ask.

He clenches his eyes shut, shakes his head then runs off again. I call after him but once again, it's no use.

Sighing, I turn on my heel and head walk out the front of the school. My mom is waiting in her car and I climb in the front seat.

"So you were sitting next to Luke when it happened?" My mom asks and she begins driving.

"Mom. I really don't want to talk about it."

"Sweetie, you'll have to talk at some point. If you keep something bottled up too long, it'll drive you insane."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok guys I've been extremely sick. Like it's terrible I missed school the other day because it was so bad. I also have midterms next week. So I might not be able to update every day until midterms are over ):

I promise to try though. I also promise to try to get the chapters longer!

dedicated to Niall_5SOS! ily x

Love you guys x