fourteen

Michael's POV

"Are you sure you're okay?" I ask Allie.

We were sitting in her house just talking but she seemed distant. Her smile didn't quite reach her eyes and she wasn't talking as much. It had been a couple days since she started acting like this.

"Yea, I'm just tired." She shrugs. Every time I've asked her to tell me she would shrug it off saying it was nothing or she was tired.

"I know something's wrong." I sit criss cross on the couch facing her. I grab her hands and hold them in my own.

"Michael I don't want to bother you with my problems." She chuckles. "I'm just having an off day."

I sigh and uncross my legs to pull her into my lap. "I'm here for you, okay? Just know that if you want to talk about anything, I'll always listen."

She wraps her arms around my torso and buries her face in my chest. "Okay." She mumbles.

I place a kiss at the top of her head and stroke her hair. The dye in it hasn't faded and I honestly love it. It looks good on her and I think it fits her personality.

"Remember what you told me the night we got together?" I say softly.

"I told you a lot of things." She laughs quietly.

"Well you told me one specific thing I remember above the rest." I smile. "You told me to forget my problem. You told me to act as if I was completely normal and that's what I did. And since I've acted as though my problem was non existent, it hasn't been bothering me as much. Almost as if it's becoming non existent as well."

It was true. Ever since that day a little over a week ago, the voices have been gradually going away. Less things have been happening around my house and I've never been happier. Of course, I know that the voices won't go away forever. But maybe, just maybe, if I pretend they weren't there, they won't hurt anyone. Maybe they'll let me be normal like I really want to be.

"But Michael, I don't think my problem will go away." She says, almost like she was scared and I really wanted to know what had gotten her so shook up.

"Allie," I place my hand under her chin and lift her head up so she's looking at me. "I promise you, that whatever you're going through, you'll get through it. I'll be here for you and your friends will and your mom will. We all love you. You're strong and you're beautiful. You'll get through this."

"Thank you, Michael." She smiles and wraps her arms around my neck, bringing me down to place a soft kiss on my lips.

Her beautiful brown eyes are staring at me, tears brimming them. I hate whatever is hurting her. I don't want her hurt. She deserves to be the happiest person on the world.

"I love you." I blurt out, blood rushing to my face. Although I knew I had been in love with her for a while, that was the first time I said it.

Her cheeks turn red as she smiles. A smile that is huge and finally reaches her eyes. "I love you too."

"Really?" I ask shocked and she giggles.

"Really." She connects our lips once again. I bring my hands to her waist and lay her on the couch as I straddle her, not breaking the kiss. She tugs on my hair and I let out an involuntary moan. I run my tongue against her bottom lip then she opens her mouth, allowing our tongues to tangle. Her hands are underneath my shirts and mine are rubbing her sides.

There's a loud banging from upstairs and we quickly break away.

"What the hell was that?" I ask, slightly out of breath.

"Um it's probably nothing." She says quickly.

"Allie." I look at her with wide eyes. "What the hell is it?"

There's another banging but this time it sounds like it's from the stairs. I look towards them and see nothing.

"Michael, I'm scared." She grabs onto my arm and looks at me with pleading eyes.

"Please, no. Please, no." I mumble and look towards the kitchen when the banging starts to come from there.

"What do you know Michael?" She asks.

"Allie. Tell me what the fuck is going on right now." I stand up.

"I can't. They'll kill me." Tears begin to run down her face.

Please, no.

"Who, Allie?" I ask, although I already know the answer.

"I don't know!" She starts to sob as the banging comes closer.

"Leave her alone!" I yell. "Just leave her!"

It's too late, Michael.

You shouldn't have pulled that little stunt.

It's too late to save her.

"M-Michael?" She sobs out my name and looks behind me.

"Shit shit shit shit." I slowly turn around and I'm greeting with a strong force hitting me in the face.

"WE TOLD YOU NOT TO TELL." A ear piercing screech booms through out the house.

"I'm sorry!" Allie yells and continues to sob, crouching into a ball on the ground.

"Please! Leave her alone!" I yell, running towards Allie only to be pushed back.

"You can't do anything, Michael." Allie sobs.

"No leave her, please! Please don't do this again! I'm sorry, just leave her please!" I plead as dark figures swarm around me, the occasional face becoming clear from the figure. The faces that I used to see on a daily bases that had become distant recently.

"ITS TOO LATE." They screech again.

I cry out as I watch Allie let out a scream of pain. "Stop it! Please, stop it!" My voice comes out in sobs.

She's writhing on the ground, twitching as she's enduring whatever torture she could possibly be going through. I run a hand through my hair and scream.

"No! Stop!" I know my pleads are useless though.

Nothing I say will stop them. I run towards Allie only to be stopped again. It's as if there's an invisible bubble around her, stopping me.

Allie is sobbing and screaming and I'm trying to get though the barrier separating us. "ALLIE! Oh my god, Allie!"

"Why are you doing this?" I yell into the air. "Why can't you just leave me!? GO AWAY!"

You know why we can't.

I see bruises begin to form on Allie's legs and arms and blood falls from new wounds that are randomly appearing.

"STOP!" Tears are falling and my breathing is in spasms. I can't do anything and the girl I love is in pain, quite possibly dying.

I can't believe I was so stupid. Stupid enough to believe I could be normal. Stupid enough to believe I could love someone without them getting hurt.

My nose is bleeding from the blow I had received earlier but I ignore the warm trickling down my face. I ignore the bruises appearing on my skin and the feeling of nails raking down my back. There's a strong grip on my ankles and wrists, gripping tighter until I can hardly feel them. I ignore the stabbing pain in the leg and continue to try to reach Allie.

The lights in her house begin to flicker as she's dragged across the floor. I break down onto the floor as I realize I can't do anything. I scream out in frustration. Allie's body is near me and I throw my hand out as hard as I can, finally being able to reach her body.

I grab a hold of her ankle and she screams. Her screams are followed by blood curdling screeches. I feel a hard blow to the back of my head and my vision turns black as I go unconscious.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

cliffhangerrrr

I got a bit carried away. Sorry, I have a messed up mind. It's 1 am and I've scared myself.