fifteen

Allie's POV

I wake up with a groan, attempting to sit up but sharp pain courses through my body and I lay still. I yawn and my eyes scan my surroundings. I'm in a hospital room. I look over to my right and Michael is laying in a bed as well. The longer I look around the room, the more I realize this isn't an average hospital room.

Sure, I have an IV hooked up to me along with a heart monitor. But there's also other machines I don't recognize. There's some sort of covering over window along with bars. I hear arguing outside of the door but I can't make out what they're saying.

I sigh, closing my eyes. I vaguely remember searing, unbearable pain and Michael's frantic face as he tries to reach me but some unknown force keeps him from me.

I remember sobbing as Michael's body lay unconscious next to me, figures swarming around me. Extreme pain with every movement I make.

Then police barge into the house, quick to ask questions and drag Michael and I away to the ambulance waiting outside the house.

Doctors and police bombarded me with question after question. Michael eventually woke up and they asked him questions too. After thinking a long time I decided to tell them what happened and Michael supported what I said. They gave us looks of disbelief then injected medicine in us that made us fall asleep.

And now I'm here.

The door opens and my mom, Michael's mom, a nurse and 2 doctors walk in.

"Allie? Are you okay?" My mom runs towards my bed but doesn't embrace me, as if she's afraid to break me.

"Everything hurts." I answer honestly.

One of the doctors motion to the nurse and she messed with my IV. "We'll give you some more pain medication."

"Where am I?" I ask quietly.

"A hospital, sweetie." My mom smile sadly.

"But what's on the windows? And what are all these machines?"

"We'll tell you when Michael wakes up."

"Tell me now!" I say harshly.

"Calm down, hun." My mom places her hand on my shoulder.

"Tell me where I am!" I say and try to sit up, wincing in pain.

"I don't recommend you move." The nurse tells me.

There's groaning next to me as Michael wakes up.

"Where the hell am I?" I glare at everyone in the room.

My mom sighs and shakes her head. One of the doctors walk next to me and smiles sadly. "You're in the hospital ward of the Smith Mental Hospital."

"What the hell? I'm not insane!" I yell at the doctor.

"Please calm down." He tells me.

"No! I'm not insane! Why am I here?" I yell.

"I'll just leave." My mom says.

"Why did you let your daughter get locked up in a mental hospital?! You know I'm not crazy!" I yell at her and she looks at me sadly.

"I don't know that, Allie."

"Shut up." Michael's mom speaks up for the first time. "You and I both know our children are not insane."

My mom glares at her. "How would I know that? Michael is probably dangerous and just dragged my daughter into all this!"

"Don't you dare insult my son!" Ms. Clifford takes a step towards my mom.

"He's the reason my daughter is in the mess!"