seven

Allie's POV

I shut my locker and turned around to see a guy I've never talked to before but he was in my Math class. He was tall with blonde hair and blue eyes. There was a small lip ring on the corner of his lip that looked extremely good on him.

"Hey" He smiles at me.

"Hi" I smile back.

"I'm Luke, you're Allie right?" He ask.

"Yep that's me." I tuck a piece of my hair behind my ear.

"How've you liked it here so far? I mean, I know you're still kinda new."

"Yea it's been about 3 weeks but it's good. I've gotten used to it. The people here are nice." I smile and out of the corner of my eye I see Michael staring at us.

"Really? I've always thought most of the people at the school were bitches." Luke chuckles.

"Maybe I'm just meeting the nice ones" I shrug.

"I think I just met the nicest one." Luke smirks at me and I blush.

I feel an hand tug at my arm and I turn to see Michael.

"Let's go, Allie." He says in a barely audible voice.

I give him a strange look. He's never came up to me to tell us to start walking home.

"Well I'm talking to Luke, Michael. Just wait." I tell him.

"Oh it's fine, Allie. I've gotta go catch my bus." Luke smiles. "But here." He pulls a small piece of paper from his bag out and a pen, scribbles something down and hands it to me. "Text me later, okay?"

"Alright." I look at the paper with a number written down.

"Bye, Allie." Luke waves at me then walks off.

"What was that, Michael?" I ask him angrily when Luke leaves.

"We needed to get home." He shrugs.

Michael's been a lot more open with me in the past week. He's been talking more than he normally would and I liked that.

"But couldn't you see I was talking to Luke?" I ask.

"You don't need to be talking to him." Michael tells me.

"And why not? Is he an egotistic asshole who plays around with girls?" I keep asking questions.

"Well no but - "

"Then I see no reason why I shouldn't talk to him."

Michael's face turns red. "Fine."

We begin walking home in silence for about 5 minutes.

"Our science project is due Friday." I tell him.

"So?" He asks, clearly annoyed.

"It's Wednesday and we haven't started." I say. There was a partner science project assigned on Monday and Michael kept putting it off.

"Well what do you suppose we do?" He asks shortly.

"You can come over to my house and we can work on it, okay?" I smile, trying to get him out of his sour mood.

"Alright." He sighs and we arrive at our houses. "I'll be over at 3?"

It was 2:30 so I nod. "Sounds good. See ya."

I walk into the empty house. That was one thing I hated about being an only child with a single mother. No one was home after school. My mom doesn't even come home until 7, sometimes later.