eight

Michael's POV

Allie's laugh was a sound I could never get used to. No matter how many times I hear it, it still makes a shock run through my veins and smile appear on my face. The sound is like a magic spell that draws out the demons in me, even just for those moments.

She laughs a lot. But not just laughs. She'll giggle, chuckle, cackle and anything you could possibly think of. She has a nervous laugh, a tired laugh, an amused laugh and one in particular she'll laugh around me. I'm not sure what emotion it is linked to but when she lets this laugh escape her lips her eyes will slightly squint and her cheeks will turn a slight hint of pink.

I got lost in my little world of her laughter but then her voice snaps me back into reality.

"Michael?" I snap my head up. We were sitting at lunch at school. Allie's friend, Sam I think her name was, was sitting with us with one of her friends. I didn't know her name.

When I look up someone else has joined our table and it's the guy, Luke, that Allie was talking to last week.

"Are you okay?" Allie asks me.

I didn't notice I was clenching my fists until I feel pain in my palms. I immediately unclench them. "Yea I'm fine."

She gives me a smile and I nod then returns to talking to Luke. He has a hand on her thigh and is staring at her while biting his lip. Allie has a hand on his shoulder while laughing about something he says.

That's when they start again.

Oh, he likes her doesn't he?

But you like her.

You liked her first.

He doesn't deserve her.

My eyes go wide. No, not here. Not now. I clench my eyes shut as an attempt to block them out.

You thought we really left? Silly boy. We were always watching.

Aren't you jealous though?

We could help you.

No no no no.

I look up and Luke is twirling a piece of her dyed hair in his fingers.

Lord knows I tried, but I can't control them. They have their own minds. They control themselves.

It's time.

At first Luke's chair just falls and he lands on his back. My breathing starts to shake and I know that's not it. He curls into a ball and places his head in his hands, groaning.

I hear shaking and look up. Of course we have to be on the edge of the cafeteria where the TVs are.

The ground around Luke begins to shake then the TV falls and lands on top of him. He cries out in pain and the people around gasp. The pillar the TV was connected to begins to crumble and within seconds has collapsed on Luke.

The cafeteria is quiet. Nothing else moves. The only sound is soft crumbling of cement and groans of pain from Luke.

My breathing quickens and my eyes blur with tears. As teacher come running towards the injured Luke, I turn around and run. I reach a bathroom and start sobbing.

Don't worry. He's not dead.

We haven't had much fun in years. We wouldn't kill him that fast.

But now you can have the girl.

That's what you wanted right?

We're not going to hurt her yet.

"Go away!" I yell, my voice echoing against the bathroom walls.

Swirls of black move around me and I pointlessly swing my arms around trying to get them away.

"Leave me alone!"

You know we can't leave you, Michael.

You deserve this.

We're not leaving until you're with us.

"No! Please just leave!" I slam my fist against the wall and cry out in pain.

Flashbacks swim through my mind.

6 year old me watching my best friend falling of a swing and breaking his neck.
7 year old me, playing in a street with the new boy in town and a car, with no driver, hitting him and killing him on sight.
9 year old me, seeing my friend cross the street and a mysterious bullet going straight through her skull.
10 year old me, crying in my room as the voices swarm around my head. The ones that once claimed to be my friends.

That was the last thing I thought of before laughter filled my ears and darkness over took me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ooo intense.

i feel really bad about doing that to Luke but it's for the story ):

Love you guys x