twenty two

Allie's POV

Four hours. That's how long I've been crying. You may think it's not possible to cry for four hours straight but no, it's perfectly possible.

When you have just gone through a paranormal experience, seen a mangled body then your mom dies all in a mental hospital that thinks your insane when your not, you'll cry for four hours straight. Trust me.

But now I've cried all I can cry. I'm exhausted and I no longer have any tears to lose.

"What do I do now?" I ask the therapist who's been listening to me cry for two of the four hours. The first therapist left me here to cry so the new one came and comforted me. I didn't even catch his name but he's incredibly nice.

"Well I think you'll be here for a while." He sighs sadly. "So living arrangements are taken care of."

"I don't like it here." I tell him.

"I don't think anyone does, to be honest. And you don't even belong here." He gives me a small smile. "But you have Michael. You two are very cute together and he cares about you. You'll get through this."

I give him a small but genuine smile. I basically told him my whole life story in between my sobs and he sat and listened. He laughed at the funny parts in my life and didn't call me insane when I told him about Michael's and my incidents. He even told me he didn't think I was insane at all. He was patient and understanding, I wish all the therapists were like this.

"What about a funeral?" I ask softly.

"The hospital will personally arrange it, don't worry. It'll be at a nice little church and we'll get you to help notify family and friends." He answers.

"Thank you." I say with a shaky breathe.

"Anything to help." He rubs my back softly.

I yawn and rub my eyes. Crying really exhausts you.

"How about you sleep for a bit?" He motions towards the bed in the office. A bit strange but hey, it's a bed and I can sleep in it.

"Can I? Or do I have to get to classes and stuff?" I ask.

"You have been excused from classes today. But you can go to your group therapy if you'd like." He tells me.

Michael's face flashes through my mind. As much as I hated the group therapy I wanted to see him. I don't think it's a good thing that I've grown so attached to him. I couldn't even last a couple hours without seeing him.

He's what gets me through my living hell of a life though. He keeps me strong and happy. Or at least as happy as I can get. I feel secure and safe no matter what. I know he'll do anything to protect me.

"Yea, I want to go." I tell the therapist.

"Okay I'll wake you up before it's time." He smiles.

"Thank you." I lift up the covers of the bed and crawl in. "By the way, what's your name?"

"Calum. My names Calum." He answers. The name sounds extremely familiar but I'm exhausted and can't focus right now.

"Thanks for listening, Calum." I smile and close my eyes, drifting off to sleep.

--

I wake up to someone shaking my shoulder. "Allie, Allie!"

I groan and sit up. "What?"

"It's time for group therapy." I look at who woke me up and it's not Calum. It's Nicole, my nurse.

"How'd you know to wake me up? Did Calum tell you?" I run a hand through my hair.