four

Michael's POV

"Michael, honey?" My mom calls me and I run down the stairs.

"Yes?" I respond.

"I was talking to our neighbors across the street and they seem really nice and well I wanted to have dinner with them." She tells me.

"Mom. You know that I can't - " I start but she interrupts me.

"Have you tried recently? Maybe talking to other people will help." She tells me.

"The doctor couldn't help, Mom! The stupid religious person couldn't! No one can!" I run my hand through my hair in frustration. "And you know people can't come here."

"Well they invited us over." My mom tells us. "And okay, but we are going and that's final. You don't have to talk or anything but we're going."

"But Mom - "

"No buts. It's been years since someone has actually wanted to get to know us Michael. I don't know about you but I want some friends." She smiles sadly.

"You know that's not why I don't have friends" I sigh and a door slams behind me. My mom jumps a bit but it doesn't faze me.

"Doesn't that bother you?" She asks me. "It's creepy."

Another door slams. "Mom, we've talked about the insults."

"Fine. Doesn't that startled you though?" She asks.

"No, I'm used to it." I shrug.

"Okay well we're leaving in about 10 minutes." She tells me and I nod.

I don't want to go dinner with Allie and her family. My mom doesn't know that I've already met Allie I guess. But I can't get close to her and Allie doesn't seem like she's going to give up soon.

But it's been so long.

You should talk to her.

She won't get hurt.

The voices start swarming in my head. "That's what you said last time!" I yell.

My window starts to shake and I look out to see Allie getting something from her car.

She's so pretty though.

"Stop it." I throw a water bottle from my dresser into the space behind me. There's soft laughter following it.

"I can't. Not again."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OoO what's up with Michael?