ten

Allie's POV

"Allie, do you want to come with me? I'm helping take care of Luke today." My mom asks me.

My head shoots up. "Yes, can you?"

"Of course. Be ready in 30 minutes." She tells me and I nod.

I run upstairs and get ready quickly. I'm brushing my hair out when I look out my window and see Michael running out of his house. I quickly slip my shoes on and run downstairs.

"We're leaving in 20 minutes, Allie!" My mom calls at me as I run out the door.

"Michael!" I run after him.

He turns around for a second to see me but keeps running. "Michael, stop!"

"Please Allie, stay away!" He says, out of breath.

"Why?" I ask.

"Just please." He runs off and I'm too tired to keep chasing him. A few minutes later, my mom's car pulls up next to me.

"Are you done chasing him?" My mom laughs.

I roll my eyes and get into the car. "I don't understand why he's avoiding me."

"I don't know either but just give him some space. He obviously doesn't want to talk to you." My mom chuckles softly.

The ride to the hospital is quiet. We're both occupied by our own thoughts.

Mine are first of Michael. I honestly have no clue why he's avoiding me. I haven't done anything, have I?

Then Luke starts to cloud my mind as we get closer to the hospital. Is he okay? Well he's obviously alive, thank god. I just hope he can get better. It's really terrible what happened. No one has figured out how it happened either. Apparently those pillars were as sturdy as can be.

I really hope he's okay. Tears brim my eyes as I think about his body underneath the rubble. I'm so worried about him. And honesty I'm still in shock. That was a couple days ago but still.

We walk into the hospital and my mom tells me she has to do something first but she gives me Luke's room number. I immediately go as fast as I can up the stairs, I thought the elevator was too slow, and to his room.

Luke was awake and scrolling through his phone. A woman, who I assume is his mother, was sitting on a chair by the window. Luke had a full arm cast on one of his arms, a brace on his wrist, bandages all around his body and head, a small cast on his ankle, a cast on his other leg and a cast type thing around his chest.

I gasp when I see him. "Luke!"

He immediately looks up and I smile spreads across his face. "Allie!"

"Oh my god, I've been so worried. I'm so sorry I haven't visited sooner I was still in shock but oh my -"

Luke cuts me off. "I'm fine, Allie. You can calm down. Just a little beat up that's all." He chuckles but then winces in pain.

"A little?" I raise an eyebrow at him and walk so I'm right next to his bed.

He rolls his eyes. "Oh, Allie. This is my mom. Mom, this is Allie." Luke motions towards the woman by the window.

"Hey" I smile at her.

"Hi, I'm Liz." She smiles back.

"Nice to meet you." I nod.

"I'm going to go get some food and let you guys catch up or whatever." Luke's mom says then leaves the room.

"So how are you?" I ask, sitting next to him on the bed.

"I feel like shit, but I'm alive." He cracks a smile.

"What exactly is hurt or whatever?"

"Well I broke my left arm, sprained my right wrist, broke my right ankle, broke my left leg, split my head and bruised my ribs. Oh also a concussion. Then the obvious cuts and bruises." He says it like it's no big deal.

"That's terrible." I gasp. "I'm so sorry."

"Hey." He puts his not casted hand on top of mine. "At least I'm breathing. Everything's good."

"How long will you be here?" I ask softly.

"A week or two. They said they want to watch over me because of my blood loss and the severity of my concussion." He says sadly.

"That sucks. I'll try to visit you as much as possible." I smile.

"Thanks, Allie." He smiles back.

I started talking to Luke just about random things until his mom came in. We all started talking and I got to know his mom. She's a very nice lady.

We all talk for an hour or two before my mom takes me home.

It's hard to think I've only known Luke for a week. We've already grown so close it feels like I've known him forever. Unlike Michael, who is hard to get to know. I've known him for a month and I don't even know anything about him.

Although Luke is easier to talk to, there's something about Michael that Luke doesn't have. I haven't figured out what that is yet but it draws me in. It keeps me wanting to know Michael.

Michael isn't your normal guy, and that's what I liked.