twenty three

so people got confused, but they didn't frickle frackle is the last chapter lol. they just made out in a closet, sorry. and this is after all that. like it's not even the same day. so yea, just clearing that up

~~~~~

Michael's POV

My entire life has been a living hell from the time that I was 5. I was naive back then, not realizing that I would never be normal. I never realized that in the years to come I would develop depression. i never realized that everyone I would ever love would get hurt.

I was about 12 when I realized all this. I still wanted to be a normal kid though. I tried to have friends, the only really sticking with me being Calum. He's gone though. Which is why I practically stopped breathing when Allie asked me what he had looked like before he died.

"W-why do you want to know?" I ask quietly.

"I just do. Trying to imagine him, I guess." She answers quickly, sitting down on her bed.

"Well he kinda looked Asain." I chuckle lightly. "Everyone thought he was but he wasn't. He was tan, especially compared to my pale skin. He had brown hair and brown eyes. I don't really know what else to say."

Allie squeezed her eyes shut and looked down. "Michael?" She says in a barely audible voice.

"What is it?" I grab her hand with one hand and placed my other hand under her chin, lifting her head up and sit next to her.

"When I went to go see a therapist. There was one that stayed with me for about 2 hours. He left because all I was doing was sobbing. After that another one came in. He seemed young but he was the best therapist I've met. He was patient and he listened and he was like my friend. He told me he didn't think I was insane and he believed my story."

"Well he sounds nice. So what's wrong?" I ask.

"He told me his name. Then I asked some nurses for him and when they responded saying no one of that named worked here I got confused." She sighs. "Michael, his name was Calum."

"More than one person can have the name Calum." I say quickly.

"But Michael, he didn't work here. No one had ever seen him and he fit the description of your Calum." She bites her lips nervously.

"But that doesn't even make sense. That wasn't my Calum, Allie. My Calum is dead." I say bluntly. He was, there wasn't any use denying it.

"It's just weird." She sighs.

"I would just forget about it."

"You want to forget me, Michael?" I hear a familiar voice behind me.

I internally sigh. C'mon why can't I just live a normal life? I slowly turn around to be greeted by a familiar face.

"Everyone in this room knows you'll never live a normal life." He says, clearly knowing what I was thinking.

"H-how?" I stutter.

Calum shrugs and walks around the room, smiling at Allie. "The afterlife is boring, trust me. You age and stuff then walk around the earth without being able to do anything. No one can see you and you can't communicate with anyone. You can't even haunt people. It's shit"

I stay silent, staring at him. Obviously he's aged and he looks overall like a average 18 year old, which is how old he would be if he were alive. However, he has this eerie glow to him and his eyes are almost a black color.

I can see Allie staring at him the same way as me. We both can't believe that there's a dead person in front of us.

"Yes, Michael. There is a dead person in front of you. Get over it. Aren't you happy to see me?" He grins. He's still the happy go lucky person I once knew.