two

Allie's POV

"You know where the school is, right?" My mom asks me.

"Yea, you showed me yesterday. It's about a 20 minute walk from here." I respond.

"Are you sure you don't want me to drive you?" She asks.

"Mom, I'm good. It's not like it's my first time going to a new school." I roll my eyes.

"Okay. I'm going to head to work then. Remember to go to the office and - "

I cut my mom off. "I know the routine. Now go before you're late, I'll be fine."

"Alright. Have a good day, I'll be home around 6 and we can finish unpacking." My mom walks to the door.

"Okay, bye!" I wave as she walks out the door.

I finish my cereal before grabbing my bag and heading out the door. Across the street, the boy I saw yesterday walks out of his door. He has bright blue hair you could see from a mile away.

As I'm walking down the road, he walks the same direction but on the other side of the street. Every now and then I sneak glances at him trying to see his face but I end up not being able to.

I'm arrive at the school and head straight to the office.

"Hi" I walk up to the lady at the front desk. "I'm Allie Robins, a new student."

"Oh yes I have your things right here." The lady shuffles through papers before handing me a few.

"Your schedule is there along with a map of the school, your locker combination, and a pass just in case you're late."

"Thank you" I smile at her.

"No problem." She smiles back. "Come back here if you need anything."

"Of course" I wave to her as I walk out the office door.

My first class is Science, which I find easily. I walk into the class and to the teacher's desk.

"Hi, I'm a new student. Allie Robins?" I tell the teacher.

"Ah yes." She smiles at me. "We need to find you a lab partner. Let's see, well everyone has a partner except Michael so go sit next to him. He's the one with blue hair."

"Thank you." I smile at her and go to sit next to the blue haired boy I saw this morning, Michael.

I sit down in my seat and he glances up at me for a second before looking back down at the table.

"Hi" I smile at him.

He looks up at me with slightly wide eyes before looking at his hands and fumbling with his fingers.

I guess he's shy.