Part 25: Out Cold

"...she seems to be in a stable condition at the moment, blood pressures normal, heart rate is stable. We'll need to monitor her while she's in this condition as its still uncertain the amount of damage that has been done to the brain.."

Where am I? What is this? WHY AREN'T I MOVING? Can someone please tell me what the hell is going on?!

"...Yes doctor, I'm just so worried about her! The carnage that collision left afterwards was incredible! Nico should be kicked out of Formula One for that!"

Paul! Oh my goodness its was Paul! If only I was able to open my mouth to speak I would shout to the tops of universe and say I loved him! It was such a relief hearing his voice, I could just about feel my body relaxing tenderly in his presence. Which did however beg the question: What's happened to me? And why can't I move? "I think it's best we leave her to her own devices, Mr Di Resta. She's a fighter that one, proved by surviving such a catastrophic collision. It's not a wonder her body has shut down!" You know, it was so frustrating and rather irritating at the same time that I could hear that fool speak, but I couldn't move a muscle in response. But least I knew what was wrong with me. My head must have been struck some way or another. Great. Fantastic! And I wonder how long I was gonna be left like this?! "...right I shall leave you to it then, Mr Di Resta. Stay as long as you feel fit" "Thank you doctor". I could just about hear a door creak shut, as the heavy footsteps of Paul consumed my ears, followed by his hand caressing mine. "Hello petal..You know it's really hard to imagine that only last night, we was having the night of our lives. Cuddled in each others embrace, my hands resting on your gorgeous body and my lips pressed firmly against yours...." I heard Paul stammer, and it wasn't hard to assume he was now in tears, something I never wanted to hear. It was so difficult hearing Paul cry. Just knowing he was in pain because of me terrified me silly. Tactfully, Paul changed the subject. "I was determined to win for you babe... But I only managed second place...I hope that's okay baby..." It was more than okay! "Sebastian kept cutting me off, he was damn lucky I didn't ram my

Force India up his arse for that, and by god I was sorely tempted....but I didn't wanna let you down honey. My mechanic told me by radio that there had been a crash, involving both Mercedes but I never imagined it would have come to this...my beautiful princess.." I could feel my heart sinking, slowly tearing into pieces, as Paul broke down again. I was sorely disgusted in myself that I could even move my arm to comfort him, to silence his deafening cries for me. It was all too much for me to take. Please stop crying Paul...its tearing me apart! At that instant, I felt Paul's hand trail to the sides of my cheeks and slowly caress them. If only I was awake to see his gorgeous brown eyes, it was soul destroying listening as he lost his mind and there wasn't a thing I could do about it.

I felt his lips come into contact with my head which immediately soothed me, releasing the tension in my body and relaxing me once more. "I know the real Nikki is in there baby...please wake up. We need you darling...We need you so much! Even Ross is worried about his little champion to be...Nico is ecstatic, though I would assume you don't care about him..." Damn straight! That lying piece of scum deserved to rot in Hell! God riddance! "Please please please...if you're in there..wake up princess..."

*********************************

"...Okay Mr Rosberg you have 20 minutes in here with her before we need you to leave..." NICO?! What the bloody hell was he DOING HERE?! "Yes doctor. Thank you for allowing me the time to see her". I heard the door shut, indicating the doctor had left the room. Oh god. I was now trapped in a room with Nico, and there wasn't a single thing I could do about it. I heard his footsteps walk over to my side, slow but heavy, as if he was showing off, and finally stopped beside where my shoulders were located. Oh god..please no! "Oh poor poor Nikki...*sigh*...shame isn't it? Ross has already confirmed you're out of the title hunt...a new driver being confirmed as we speak and I'm being promoted to number one driver for Mercedes. Brilliant isn't it? Now you're out of the picture, there's nothing that's gonna stop me from capturing that title...hahaha!" Filthy scum! He was so lucky I was immobile at the moment, otherwise I would have knocked his arse into the next bloody season! I could feel his breath suddenly cover my entire face, leaking over me disturbingly as he sarcastically stroked my hair, giggling menacingly. "And look at you Nikki...so peaceful, so blissfully unaware, so beautiful if I may say so...you and me could have been great together. True I may have had a lot of...'baggage' to put it lightly, in the form of persistent, obsessive ex girlfriends, but you and me could have been unstoppable. Dominating the world of Motorsport, 'The Power Couple'...but no. Being the stupid bitch you are, you choose the side of the angels...pathetic...but I will get you back into my embrace if it's the last thing I do Nikki...you're MY girl and I ain't going to let you go without a fight..." His lips curved over the exact same spot as Paul had and I shivered sub consciously...before hearing his footsteps go out of ear shot out of the room...