Part 14: Everything Comes To Light

The lush hotel where I was staying was about 10 or so miles away from the track and boasted magnificent city views and amazing balcony spaces which where usually reserved for A list celebrities such as Angelina Jolie or Brad Pitt. I was even lucky enough to get a room in this plush hotel, let alone the penthouse suite right at the top. As Nico parked the car directly behind, in the hotel's private car park, my phone started vibrating in the depths of my hand bag. I dived in immediately and dug out my iPhone, accepting the call as soon as I saw who it was. "Hey Nikki! I was gonna come to Mercedes to have a quick chat about tonight, but you jetted off quickly! Whats the plains then Nik?" I smiled warmly, loving how Paul could be so kind as to check up on me. "Sorry! It was kinda urgent! But yeah if you meet me at the hotel at around 9ish, we'll go on from there..." Nico was quite obviously frustrated, bobbing his knees up and down hurriedly and glaring at my iPhone, obviously hating my close relationship with Paul. I glanced over at him and narrowed my eyes at him, gesturing him to cut it out. "Yeah sounds good to me Nikki! Just don't forget it this time! Ahaha....Alright well I'll guess I'll see you later then hun, love you, bye" and before I could say anything else, the call was disconnected. "So new plans after the meal then Nikki....." Nico's voice tailed away as he leaned in for a kiss. I jerked my head backwards before his lips managed to get near my face and put my hands in front of me. "Yeah......Erm its not really the place is it....Erm Nico?.....Maybe later" and before he could argue otherwise, I opened up the car door and jumped out, running towards the entrance. "Hey Nikki!" I heard hurried footsteps behind me, hammering the floor as I desperately tried getting away. I checked in quicker than anything and ran up the stairs, towards my room. "Nikki!!......Nikki!! Slow down!! Wha-......What have I done....??" I didnt bother replying, instead I started skipping steps two at a time until I reached the top. I ran towards the door of my room and scrambled to fit the keycard into the slot below the handle. I heard Nico screaming my name as finally he came into view. The door flung open at that very second and I hurried inside. Just before I was about to slam the door, Nico jiltted his foot in the way, shouting at me to let him in. "Nikki! Nikki! Listen to me!!" Finally I let go of the door eburptedly, so he came hurling forward, hitting his face on the door. "Argghh Nikki! What are you playing at?" I walked over to the bed as he tried to recover. If I was honest, I didnt like him being this close to me anymore, now that I knew he was possibly calling other women behind my back and using me as a result. "Why dont you tell me Nico...." I stood there looking him up and down as he managed to take his hand away from his face, revealing a red mark where the door had made contact with his skin. "What are you talking about Nikki?" He walked over to me and tried putting his arms around my body. As he did so, I made sure to stay as unresponsive as possible, making it clear to him that I was not happy. "Come on Nikki...whats wrong?" He whispered softly in my ear. I knew he was trying to seduce me, but it really wasnt working. I was too focused on the fact that he could be being unfaithful....."I heard you talking to someone on the phone earlier today.....calling her 'baby' was it?...." My words seemed to cause him to stop in his tracks. His hands fell to his sides and his head stared down at the floor. He was guilty and he had been caught out. I couldnt bare to look at his face anymore.....I just wanted him to get out....I vaguly gestured towards the door with my open hand, impling that he should leave "Just go Nico....."

"Nikki please let me explain-" I waved my finger in his face, shushing him immediately. "Theres nothing to explain.....just leave...." I dont know why tears where spilling down my lightly powered cheeks....I knew he wasnt worth it but somehow, I couldnt help but feel hurt. Wisely, he said no more and left, his head bent, sighing heavily. As the door slammed shut, I collapsed on my bed, tears rolling more freely from my eyes. Emotions where running high as I remembered how much he had lead me on and how much his words had ment everything to me, but ultimately nothing to him. I sat there still in my ovals, wondering what to do now. All I wanted was for Paul to be here. My best friend. He'd know what to do.

My iPhone started vibrating voilently on the bed, alerting me of a new text. I only had to look at it once for a smile to stretch across my face, and for my heart to stop aching.

"I'm on my way beautiful xxx Paul xxx"