Part 3: Paul Di Resta's and Nico Hulkenberg's Advice.

• Dedicated to Ash Miller

"Spit it out, Nick! We haven't got all day!" Paul said impatiently, still gazing freely into my eyes, making it obvious he didn't want me to pull away from him. Why was it so difficult for me to tell him?! He's my best friend, for pity's sake! "Well, Paul it's just I don't know how you'll react....." I gazed back into his transfixed eyes, willing there to be an easier way for me to tell him. He pulled me closer to him, so much so that it was impossible to make out who's heart was beating faster. "You know you can tell me anything Nikki, we're best friends, always have been, always will be" He sounded so sincere, I just wanted to cry on his shoulders and let him know what he ment to me. But I knew that wasn't an option. "Well I am going on a---" before I could finish, Nico Hulkenberg came barging in, a smile sweeping all the corners of his face. "Hey guys! What's up?" He yelled, as if we where on the other side of the paddock, and not a mere 2 metres away. "Hey Nico! Nikki was just about to tell me something important, can Nico know too?" Paul said childishly, pulling a silly face that made me burst out laughing. "Ofcourse he can...." my voice cracked and clearly lacked confidence in what I was about to say. Luckily, both of them where tactful, and made no comment. "Well? What's the news then?" Nico said hurriedly, trying his best to coax an answer out of me, but to no avail. I stood there for a few seconds before opening my mouth to speak. No words seemed to exit my mouth and I began fumbling foolishly on the spot. "Come on, Nikki! We really have to get ready soon" Paul complained, still holding onto me protectively. "Well I have a date tonight, I hope that's ok with you guys" I babbled foolishly. In that instant, Paul pulled away from me, leaving me cold and exposed. It was clear he was going to make no attempt to change that. He was angry, I could tell. "Ohh! That's fantastic Nikki! Who's the lucky guy then, eh?" giggled Nico, nudging me encouragingly on the arm. Paul on the other hand stood cold and distant, refusing any of my advances of a hug. "It's Nico.....Rosberg..." I said flatly, not wanting to sound too excited incase Paul got annoyed. "Wwwhhhhooooppp!!! Nikki! You really got lucky there!" Nico boomed, trying his best to sound excited for both himself and Paul. I was beginning to wonder if telling them about this was such a good idea after all, considering the reactions I had just gotten. Paul himself was standing miserably a few metres away with a face that spoke a thousand words of misery. I desperately wanted to go up to him and hug him, but this might aggravate him more. "Well what should I do guys? I need help!" I said, trying to avert them away from the fact that Nico was my date.

Paul glanced over at me and I saw a brief glimmer of jealousy hinted in his eyes, but didnt comment. I decided it was worthless starting an argument over something so petty. "Be yourself hun, thats obviously why he likes you! And don't forget to ask him lots of questions, although you probably know alot about him anyway!" blabbed Nico, filling in where Paul wasn't commenting. I seized hold of Paul's hand and placed it delicately on my waist, pulling him closer to me. "Please help me, babe. I really need your help with this one. And Nico's" I rested my nose on his, and stared him directly in the eye. He seemed to have calmed as immediately his expression changed into a loving and supportive one, leaving any trace of the scowling monster behind. He smiled at me weakly, before pulling away and holding me at arms length. "I think you should go out and enjoy yourself tonight. Dont worry about me and Nico, we'll be waiting for you at the hotel afterwards, wanting to know everything that happened!" He joked heartedly. I saw Nico rejoicing silently out of the corner of my eye, as if he was pleased that Paul had stopped being so stubborn.

"Thanks guys! You rule!" And with that, I hugged them both lovingly before leaving the Force India garage and heading back to Mercedes.

On the way, I couldnt help but notice a familiar GP2 face wandering around the paddock near Caterham.....

(Part 4 coming soon :))