Part 16: Fun Times

"You want me to stick this thing in here then Nik?" Paul scoffed, vaguely pointing towards the hotel's 52inch flat screen television set, while munching hungrily on a huge slice of pizza. I myself was sat comfortably on the memory foam matteress, while picking at the sides of my slice of pizza. I nodded in his direction, too focused on getting the disgusting bits of mushroom off my pizza slice. "You shouldnt pick at your food like that Nikki! No wonder you've got such a flat tummy!" I shook my head at him, while flicking the mushrooms into the pizza box. "You know I dont like mushrooms!" I knew he was only playing, but that still didnt stop me throwing the nearest object at him. Luckily for him, it was a soft pillow, but that still didnt stop him from shouting in what I presumed was fake agony. "What was that for you big bully! Ahaha! Oh I see how this is!" and without warning, he grabbed the pillow I had thrown at him, and hurled it in my direction. I screamed with laughter, as I only just managed to dive out of the way, before it hit the back of the head board. Paul stood looking defeated. "Damn! Oh well, I guess I'm gonna have to-" and before I could even move out of the way, he ran towards the bed, rugby tackling me downwards, leaving me squealing with laughter and unable to get up. Paul had his whole body weight on me, which made it impossible to move, no matter how hard I thrashed my legs. Paul grinned delightedly, plainly quite happy he had managed to get one over me. "I think thats one - nil to me, dont you think?" Paul boasted, grinning childishly. I hit him feebly on the back, trying my hardest to be mad with him, but in the end, I ended up in helpless fits of giggles, while trying to wrestle my way up, and out of his grasp. "Oh no you dont!" and before I knew it, Paul pushed me back downwards, forcing my body to collapse. I desperately tried fighting back, but he was much to strong for me. "Whats wrong Nik? Am I too strong for you?" His mocking, only spurred me to fight harder, until I remembered his weakness that only I knew about. I smiled devilishly at him, while letting my arms give in to his strength. "Give up do we?" he cheered, thinking he had won the battle, but oh no! While he was in middle celebration, I reached forward, and started tickling him violently under the arm pits. He instantaneously fell backwards, waving his legs in the air, while squealing and shouting for mercy. "Nikki!! Nikki!! okay, okay!! you win!! Stop.....Hahahahahaha!!! STOP!!" But ofcourse, being the tease I am, I didnt stop until he fell off the bed, and hit his head on the soft fluffy carpet below. I stood up on the bed and did a little victory dance, while Paul was left moaning slash giggling on the floor below. "You're mean Nikki!" He joked, finally managing to steady himself so he was able to leap back onto the bed next to me. "Well, if you play with fire, you're gonna get burnt I'm afraid!" I laughed, stroking the sides of his face gently, while he smiled lovingly in my direction.

****************

Things settled down a little bit between us, as Paul turned out the lights, drew the curtains, before leaping back on the bed beside me and pressing play on the D.V.D player remote. I kicked my hand bag, pizza box and compact mirror onto the floor, so I had more room to stretch my legs and crawl under the covers. It wasn't long before Paul decided to join me.

****************

Oh god. It got to the part where Jason Bourne was cutting Maria's hair.....Then they started kissing.....I couldn't watch it. I think Paul must have noticed something was wrong because he reached over for the remote, paused the D.V.D and snapped on the lights. I hadn't even noticed the tears pricking in my eyes, but it was plan Paul had as he started dabbing at my eye lids with the end of his sleeve. "Come on Nikki, tell me whats on your mind" he said it so softly, my heart started melting almost immediately. I felt him reach over and place one arm around my shoulder, and the other resting carefully on my leg. His head was bent towards me, which made it impossible to break away from his gaze. He already knew what was wrong.....I was sure of it.