Part 15: Knowing Your True Friends

I knew that Nico wasn't worth the space he occupied for leading women on like that, but why the hell did I care so darn much? It's not like anything I said or did meant anything to him, neither did it sway him to fall in love. He's a womanizer; he craves women's attention. I should have listened to my instincts when I knew he was just out for attention. He knew that by having me by his side, he would become the most publicized person in F1. That would seriously give his already massive ego a huge boost. I curled up childishly on the bed, accidentally slipping half my overalls off in the process. Why did it hurt so damn much? Surely I must have seen this coming? I mean, look at his track record for God's sake! I should have known better. But I ignored it all because.......because he said all the right words. Done all the right things and made me believe I was the most important person in his life when in reality.....his words where just meaningless bullshit!

As I was drowning myself in self pity, I barely noticed that my iPhone was vibrating violently on the bed. I sprang up from my curled position and answered it as soon as I noticed who it was. "Hey beautiful, I heard what happened from Nico......He just rang me up as soon as he left your room...The little bastard....but don't worry about him Nikki, I've got pizza, ham and pineapple of course, and some Coke and The Bourne Identity because I know it's your favourite film, is that okay Nikki?" Oh my goodness! How was it even possible for an ultra amazing person to walk into my life and I, being the ignorant girl I am, completely ignored the signs!! I loved Paul so much! A smiled stretched all the corners of my tear ridden face as I struggled to answer his amazing plan, how was it even possible that we wern't together? "Oh my goodness! That sounds amazing Paul! Thank you so much!" I didnt know what else to say! "Aawww Nikki it's okay! What are friends for huh? Ahaha I'll be there in 5, so you hold tight beautiful okay?" It was more than okay! "Okay Paul thank you so much!" "Your more than welcome Nikki! Bye sweetie" and without another word, the call was disconnected and I was left beaming wonderously on the silky smooth hotel bed, anticipating Paul to just burst through the door at any minute. I caught my reflection in the vanity mirror a few metres from the bed and gasped. I looked a right sight! Maybe I should freshen up a little bit before Paul arrived? I mean, it was just going to be a pizza and movie night in, but I still didn't want to look like I'd fallen out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down. I slipped off the bed and clambered out of overalls and slipped into something more comfortable. I then rumaged into my hand bag, searching for my powder and compact mirror. As I was just about to started touching up, there was a loud knock on the door. He's here already!

I jumped off the bed and dived for the door, nearly falling over as the door flung open. True to his word, there was Paul, smiling from ear to ear, and clutching hold of a steaming hot ham and pineapple pizza, and a copy of The Bourne Identity. "Hey beautiful! Well, can I come in?" I moved to one side as he stumbled in and dropped his pile of goodies on the bed, right on top of my hand bag and my make up stuff. "Whopps sorry about that Nikki.....Hey! You know you don't need to touch up because I'm coming!" He playfully tapped me on the shoulder, giggling childishly.

You know, maybe this night wasnt going to be so bad after all. I had my favourite pizza, my all time favourite movie and my best friend.........well......maybe more.