Part 2: Sebastian The Crowd Pleaser.

I just about managed to claw my away out of the Mercedes garage without being pestered by the mechanics for help. It was all well and good them nagging me other times, but I had to be somewhere right now. My best friend, Paul Di Resta was most likely in the Force India garage, preparing for the final practice and the qualifiers with his mechanics, but just to make sure, I sent him a quick text: Hey! I am coming to your garage! Be there in 5 :) xxx. It was amazing that me and Paul had managed remain best friends, especially since the turmoil that we had both experienced in the previous years. It was hard even now to maintain our friendship, since the car and our fitness demanded so much attention, that we hardly saw each other, which ment every second we spent together was precious. I knew right from the word go that we'd be close like brother and sister, though I often wondered what it would be like if we where a couple. Obviously, I wanted this like mad but kept my mouth shut, fearing I might ruin what we already have.

The walk to the Force India garage seemed to drag on forever, and I even started to wonder if I had sub consciously walked past it without a seconded thought. I dwelled on this for a few seconds before a familiar face came into view. I sighed heavily. It was Sebastian Vettel, sitting in a manly fashion on the pit wall, waving as the crowds began to circulate the grand stands of the Australian Grand Prix Circuit. I tutted at his usual crowd pleasing antics, making no attempt what so ever to seem the slightest bit impressed with the response he was getting. I hurried past, pleaing that he wouldn't spot me, but ofcourse he turned around gleefully as he heard my foot steps came into ear shot. "Hey Nikki! Ready for todays qualifiers?" He said joyously while continuing to feed of the capacity crowd. "Yeah I am, just visiting my bestie before changing into my over-- What the hell are you doing?!" In a sudden out burst, Sebastian launched himself on top of the pit wall and began waving his arms excitedly at the crowd, who where screaming with delight. A final ditch attempt to please them, he striked his famous 'Vettel finger' pose, which delighted the crowd and photographers alike. He punched the air in triumph as he gave a final wave before leaping off the pit wall. "What the hell was that all about?" I questioned suspiciously, wondering why all of a sudden he was taking even more interest in the fans than usual. A smile stretched shamelessly across his face, clearly seeming invigourated from the crowds breath-taking response. "Now THAT is how you entertain an audience!" He joked, walking beside me. "Yeah I guess so, but some people show there love for the crowd differently than you" I replied coldly, hoping that he would get the heavy hint that I wasn't the slightest bit interested in how he pleased the crowd.

"So where did you say you where going?" Sebastian replied with a strange but caring look on this face. He seemed to have taken more of an interest in me over the build up to the Australian Grand Prix, something that I needed to pay attention to, I was sure of it. "I'm going to see Paul, you know me and him are best friends and that I see him whenever I can. Plus I need to tell him something important" I said without much expression. It was hard trying to convince Sebastian, that if he was interested, that I was simply out of his league. "Ahhh I see, well let me know how that turns out" he winked casually, trying his hardest to play it cool. "Haha! No chance! This is strictly between me and him" Wasn't it just weird how much Sebastian was trying to win me over? After all, we are quite fierce rivals and haven't been able to look at each other at the best of times. Why was he changing his tune? Was he simply trying to make amends? "I see. Well I gotta go and get ready now, you know how much Chris is relying on me at the moment, don't wanna mess him off! See you out there, Nikki!" And with a flourish, he was out of sight before the Force India Garage had begun to materialize.

As if by magic, I was now standing in the wake of the Force India garage, where all I could see was a half constructed car, busy mechanics whizzing around the place, helping fix the car and a few scattered V.I.P guests, touring the inside of the garage with delight. But no signs of Paul anywhere. "Hey Ben!" I called and a scruffy looking, middle aged, mechanic emerged from the depths of the half constructed car, spanner in hand, ready to tackle any nut or bolt that got in his way. "Hey Nikki! You looking for Paul? I just saw him, he's out in the lounge" Ahh Ben! He knew me too well! "Thanks Ben! I owe you!" I smiled and kissed his grubby cheek, careful not to get any of his oil stains on my face. I waded my way through the piles of Pirreli's, stray nuts and bolts and the legs of mechanics that where sprawlled all over the already cluttered floor, until I reached the lounge, right at the back of the garage. I opened the door with caution, and true to his word, there was Paul, sitting on sofa, phone in hand, typing away absent mindedly. "Hey Paul!" His face immediately lit up like a Christmas tree and bounced his way over in excitement. "Hey there little Nick! So is this what you call 5 minutes?" He chuckled, sweeping me off my feet with a flourish, being careful not to hurt me. I hugged him hard, and felt the pressure of my body being distributed over his in the process. "So how you been?" He said, plonking me on my feet again. "Well actually I need to tell you something" I said nervously, wondering if this was such a good idea after all. Paul leaned closer to me until his nose was touching mine. "Well you know you can tell me anything" He replied seriously, gazing into my eyes, just the way Nico had done earlier. This was it. How would he react to this? Well, theres only one sure way to find out......