Part 8: Caught In The Act.

• Dedicated to Haley Kelvina Victoria Jefferson

All was merry in the Mercedes garage. The practice had come and gone so quickly, it was almost a blur and I couldnt be more happy with the results. I was now standing freely beside some old Pirellis that had been discarded from yesterdays free practice and thinking about my uncertain future with Mercedes. Truth to be told, I wanted at first to try my luck with this team, but as the year dragged on I knew that I had to some how find another team for the 2013 season. I was thinking about maybe signing with McLaren, as I knew Lewis Hamilton's contract expired at the end of the season. They certainly had a better car than us, and if I could somehow convince them to give me a drive for at least a year, then I'd be happy. But this ment I had to really prove myself this season, or else I might well find myself without a drive at all.

There was still another 10 minutes left of the last practice session and I could hear the other garages firing up their engines, ready to send their drivers out in the closing minutes of practice. I myself still leaned uncomfortably on the ironically 'soft' compounds, finding myself slowly slipping off and having to edge my way carefully back up, which made me look some what comical. Finally getting myself comfortable, I watched as a green blur wizzed past my eyes and charged towards the pit exit. It was obviously a Caterham car and I had only realised it was Vitaly Petrov, when I saw the number on his car. I couldnt help but wonder about moving to Caterham. I mean, lets face it, they are a lower team then Mercedes, and they have half the budget, but I guess I could give the team a new lease of life. I mean, not to brag, but I am quite a talented driver, to say the least! Plus, I am pretty sure Vitaly isn't going to be there next season; he hasn't really been delivering at Williams, thats why they dropped him, and I am pretty sure that Caterham only had him because they had no other option.

I was so wrapped up in my own thoughts, I barely noticed that Nico had crept up behind me and was touching the back of my neck. "Still thinking about our date tonight?" Nico whispered softly, cranning his neck so much that his lips where caressing my skin. I pulled him closer to me, forcing his lips upon my neck, sending chills down my spine. "Ofcourse I am....." My voice tailed away as his lips began dancing on my skin, lapping carefully around every corner of my neck. I cried out carelessly, forgetting that I was visible to the public eye, but that didn't stop him from pulling me closer to his body, hands placed carefully on my waist. My head jerked side ways, and immediatly I pulled away from Nico's grasp. "What are you doing Nikki?" He complained ignorantly, trying to pull me back into his arms. I forced his hands away from me and stepped back, staring into the garage. "What are you staring at?" He questioned, frustrated now by my lack of affection. His head turned to face at what I was staring at and immediatly his jaw dropped, and his hands fell to to his sides. Ross had caught us. And he wasnt happy. His arms where folded, and his face looked as happy as fish without water. I knew we where in for it now. "Well......I see you two have really gotten to know each other....." His voice cracked, trying not to let the anger seep out into his already sharp and posionous words. I stood there, unable to muster any words. I could just about see Nico from the corner of my eye shifting uncomfortably on the spot, obviously wishing he had listened when I told him to let me go. No one spoke, and for awhile we all looked like statues in an art museum. Finally Nico piped up "Look it isnt-" and before he could continue, Ross held his hand up, silencing him immediately and marching out of the room without a backwards glance. For a few minutes, I stood there silently. not knowing what I should do. Thankfully, it was Nico who made the first move, edging his way over to me, cautiously incase Ross might be spying. If I was completely honest, I didnt want him anywhere near me, but didnt have the courage to walk away. He placed his hand delicately around my shoulders, and pulled my closer to him, all the while I was standing there stiffly, not attempting to acknowledge his kind gestures. I was too warped in why Ross had been so angry. Did he want us to be professional? Or was he simply startled? Either way, I had a feeling that this wasn't going to be the last of it.

Nico pulled me in closer, making it apparent he wanted a kiss. Did he really think this was the right time? I pulled away almost immediately and walked away, heading towards the lounge for a little space. I didnt bother looking back, but I knew he was following me because anyone could hear his heavy foot steps from a mile away.

I slammed the door and jumped on the worn cream sofa. Was this really going to work? Ross didnt seem to think so. But I had to clear my head, no more thoughts of Nico. Just focus on Q1, I told myself. And thats exactly what I did, until the green light was given.

(Part 9 coming soon! :D xx)