Chapter 31

"Now then, with Sabertooth in the lead with a total of 12 points, let's announce our next event!" Chapati announced.

Everyone cheered and shouted in joy and excitement as the judges were about to make their next announcement.

"The next event has been decided! It's Chariot!" Jason yelled.

"I'll definitely win at this," Sting said arrogantly.

Rogue sighed. "Did you already forget what happened the last time you entered?"

"It's better if you two just stayed out of this event," Minerva said, punching Sting on the head. "You're going to place Sabertooth last if we let you enter."

"Last time was just an accident. I wasn't prepared, you know!" Sting said in defiance. "This time I swear I'll win this!"

"Sting-sama, just give it up," Yukino said with a nervous smile. "We all know that you and Rogue-sama are unable to stand moving vehicles."

Sting pouted. "But Natsu-san might be entering that game!"

"I don't think Fairy Tail is that stupid to repeat the same mistake," Nagi said as he looked at Sting with pity.

"What's with that look, kid?" Sting said with an annoyed expression, immediately forgetting about the Game.

"What are you talking about, this is how I normally look," Nagi replied with the same pitiful face. The two started bickering, much to the exasperation of the rest of the Sabertooth guild, who had been watching.

"So," Minerva said as she heaved a sigh. "Who are we going to choose?"

Lucy looked at the other guilds, each of them already having chosen their participant. She turned around and smiled, her eyes moving to look at Wendy. "Wendy, do you want to try?"

"Huh?!" Wendy and the others all said at once.

"Are you sure you want me to join?" Wendy asked nervously.

"That's right, isn't she also a dragon slayer?" one of them said.

"If she's a dragon slayer, won't she also get motion sickness?" another said.

"After the last Game, Wendy developed motion sickness. Won't that affect our ranking? Besides, as a dragon slayer, being on moving vehicles will be hell for her," Carla added.

"Do you guys really not believe in my decision making?" Lucy pouted angrily as she sat on the balcony, her arms crossed.

"Well, it's not that we don't trust you..." Lector said.

"More like..." Lily added on as they all turned to Wendy who was standing there, fidgeting.

"It seems like everyone had chosen their contestants for Chariot except for Sabertooth!" Chapati said as he looked towards the Sabertooth balcony. "What could be taking them so long?"

"Are you guys scared now?" Gajeel shouted at them from across the stand.

Fairy Tail laughed. "Don't tell me Sabertooth is all scared now? Instead of Saber, you guys should be called cats instead!"

All the Sabertooth members stood up as they heard their humiliating words. "Do they want to fight us that bad?" Sting said angrily.

"They're more childish than I expected," Rufus said as he glared at them.

Makarov and Mavis immediately began shutting them up, causing them to close their mouth at once. Lucy stood nonchalantly at them with her head cupped on the palm of her hand, her eyes fixated at the people she so despised. She turned her head around to look at Wendy once again, her eyes had completely stopped smiling.