Chapter 8

"Lucy-san, what do you plan on doing today?" Wendy asked, holding a glass tea pot. 

"Hmmmm...good question," Lucy replied. Now that she had cut ties with her previous guild, she had to join a new guild in order to continue her revenge on Fairy Tail. "I was thinking about joining a guild. But I really haven't looked into any of it yet."

Wendy sat opposite of Lucy in the living room and poured her a cup of tea. "That's true. Finding a suitable guild takes time,"  Wendy said as she drank her cup of tea. 

"Why not just join one of the guilds that were at the previous Games," Carla said. 

"Ah! That's a good idea, Carla," Happy said while munching on his fish.

"Those guilds did seem strong," Lily added. "They'll probably be in the games again this year seeing how powerful each of their members are."

Lucy continued to think about it as she sat on the couch in silence. Zeref and Nagi had just woken up and were making their way downstairs. Zeref noticed Lucy and greeted her with a smile.

"Good morning, Lucy. You're up early," Zeref said.

"Good morning, Zeref," Lucy replied back, smiling. "Good morning, Nagi."

"Morning, Mama," Nagi said, stifling a yawn. Nagi made his way towards Lucy and crawled onto her lap. He sipped the cup of tea before him and once he had finished, he looked up towards Lucy.

"Mama, what are you thinking about?" 

"We're thinking about which guild to join," Lucy replied. Zeref took a seat next to Lucy and wrapped his arms around her. Wendy and Carla blushed at the affectionate gesture of the couple. 

"You lllllllllliiiiiike herrrrrr~" Happy said, rolling his tongue as he had a immature expression on his face. 

"And what if I do?" Zeref replied calmly. This made Wendy, Carla, and even Lucy blush more as they witnessed the straight-forward response of the fearsome dark mage. Lucy cleared her throat, going back to the original discussion. 

"So, what guild should we join?" Lucy asked once again.

"What about Mermaid Heel?" Lily replied. "They have mostly girls so being in that guild won't be such a bad idea."

Carla shook her head. "I wouldn't join that guild. Judging from the previous Game, most of them are -not to be offensive- cowardly. The only strong one would be that girl named Kagura." 

Lily nodded his head in understanding. 

"Then what about Lamia Scale?" Wendy suddenly said as the guild came into her mind. 

"It sounds pretty good to me," Lucy said as she thought about the benefits of joining the guild. "Plus Jura's in it. Being in the same guild as a ten wizard saint doesn't seem all that bad." 

Lucy and Zeref looked at one another at the mention of "ten wizard saint" and chuckled silently to one another. Nagi looked perplexed but was too tired to think much more of it. Wendy, Carla, Happy, and Lily also paid no attention to it for they thought it was an inside joke between the two. 

Before Lucy concluded that they were to join Lamia Scale, Zeref voiced his opinion. "What about joining Sabertooth?" 

Lucy, Wendy, and Carla perked up at the introduction of a new guild. "Sabertooth?" they all said. 

Zeref nodded. "Though they don't have a ten wizard saint on their teams, they did come in second place at the previous games. To add on, they also have two dragon slayers with them and by adding Wendy, that's a total of three dragon slayers. With you and Nagi in the guild, it'll be like having two real dragons. Their team from the previous game was probably most on par with the team from Fairy Tail. Right now, they're known as the second strongest team in Fiore. They'll probably give you the highest winning percentage. Besides, Fairy Tail and Sabertooth are practically enemies."