Chapter 14

"Nagi, did you pack all your stuff?" Lucy yelled from the upper floor. 

"Yeah, I did!" Nagi replied from the dining room. 

Soon, Lucy descended from the upper floor and walked into the dining room. She took a seat next to Nagi as a plate of fresh pancakes, eggs, and sausages were delivered in front of her. Zeref set the plate down gently, smiling at her. Lucy smiled back. 

"All of a sudden there's a rosy love atmosphere in the air," Carla commented.

Wendy chuckled nervously. "Well, they are a couple."

Lucy and Zeref looked at one another and silently blushed as Zeref took a seat across from Lucy. Wendy and Carla were seated next to one another, eating their breakfast. Happy was on the table, digging into his pile of fishes. Lily sat there in silence as he munched on his sausage. Nagi was sitting there eating his food with high etiquette as usual. 

"Wendy, we'll be leaving this estate to you for a week. Can you do it?" Lucy asked, looking up from her plate. 

"O-Of course! You can count on me, Lucy-san!" Wendy replied, putting a fist towards her chest with a determined face.

"Thanks!" Lucy said, kindly smiling at her. Wendy smiled back in response. Ah, Lucy-san's as beautiful as ever, she thought. 

"By the way, where are you guys going?" Carla asked. "You haven't told us yet." 

"We're going to Ryuzetsu Island!" Nagi immediately chimed in. 

"Ryuzetsu Island?" Wendy said. "You mean the one that recently opened up?" 

"Yep," Lucy nodded. 

"That's nice. I wish I could go, too," Wendy said, murmuring to herself.

Lucy and Zeref looked at one another and exchanged a silent agreement. Lucy returned back to Wendy and reached towards her hand. 

"Wendy, wanna come with us?" Lucy said with a glow in her eyes. Wendy looked up at her and into her chocolate brown eyes full of excitement and hope.

"Is that really okay?" Wendy exclaimed, sparkles floating around her. 

"En!" Lucy nodded happily. "Leaving you here by yourself makes me feel bad and making arrangement is as easy as pie! Besides, the more the merrier! Spending a whole week in this huge estate by yourself would be lonely, too." 

"Thank you, Lucy-san!" Wendy said excitedly.

Lucy, Zeref, Nagi, and Carla smiled at the enthusiastic reaction of the blue-haired girl. Well, not like you can blame her since it's probably her first time going on these such things, not to mention with a family. 

"I'll go make the arrangements then," Zeref said as he left his seat and went to grab his lacrima. 

"After you eat, begin packing your suitcase. It should be in your closet. I bought it just in case something like this would happen," Lucy said, matter of factly.

"Okay!" Wendy said as she began eating quickly. 

"Hey, hey, Lucy! What about us?" Happy added happily. "Do we get to go?" 

"Yep! Exceeds count as pets so bringing you guys along is totally fine. Plus, admission is free!" Lucy exclaimed.

"So Lily can come with us?" Nagi asked, jumping out of his seat. 

Lucy nodded her head. Everyone was looking forward to the one week trip to Ryuzetsu Island!

The next day~