Chapter 33

"Next we have Pandemonium! Do you guys still remember it?!" Jason yelled excitingly.

"We do!!!" the crowd answered back enthusiastically. They still remembered last year's exciting Pandemonium when Erza had challenged all 100 monsters at once. It was a sight to remember for her fighting skills were like no other. 

"Ho, this is going to be fun," Sting said. "I'm going to do this." 

"Stop saying you'll enter every single event!" Minerva yelled, dragging Sting back to the balcony. 

Sabertooth laughed heartedly upon seeing the usual interaction between Sting and their Master, Minerva. Those two never changed despite all these years that they've grown up together. 

"So who's going to enter this event?" Rogue asked as he looked at Lucy.

Lucy looked thoughtfully at the three judges who were situated on their balcony. Each one of them wearing expressions of excitement and glee. Lucy sighed as she thought about what was going on in each of the judges' head. 

"I don't think this event will be that easy," Lucy said. 

Everyone looked at her. "What do you mean by that, Lucy-sama?" Yukino asked. 

"The last game had us challenge 100 monsters, ranging from rank D to rank S. If I was a game maker and one of the judges, would I use the same event as last year's?" Lucy replied, looking at each of their faces' as they widened their eyes in understanding. 

"So you mean that it won't be 100 monsters this time but maybe more?!" Orga yelled. 

"If that's so...then isn't that going to be a little troublesome?" Wendy asked with a worried face. "Even Titania had trouble fighting all 100."

"That's right. I don't think the game makers will put our lives on the line..." Minerva began to say but immediately took back her words. "On second thought, it'll probably be more entertaining for them to see us fight with our lives on the line." 

Lucy nodded. 

"Knowing that, who wants to participate?" Lucy asked with a bright smile. 

Sting instantly shook his head and backed off. Rogue also took a slight step back. Wendy just laughed while Nagi eagerly raised his hand. Lucy looked towards the other guilds, each knowing what they're going to face. 

"Why don't I go for this one?" Lucy said. 

"You're going?" Minerva said with a shocked expression. "You're actually going to participate?" 

"Hey, I'm also one of the participants," Lucy pouted. "Besides," she began to say as she looked at Pandemonium in interest. "It's about time I give those people a little scare, show them that Sabertooth is not a guild you want to mess around with." 

All of the Sabertooth members gulped upon seeing the maliciousness in Lucy's eyes. Her eyes were gleaming like they thirsted for blood. For just an event, she was taking way too much interest in this event. 

"Well, wish me luck," Lucy said as she got off the balcony, her cloak flowing behind her, as she walked down the stairs. 

"Though you probably won't need it," Minerva said, causing Lucy to laugh. 

Lucy began making her way down the steps, her eyes alight with passion and vigor. "Fairy Tail, shall I show you what it means to go against me?" Lucy mumbled to herself. 

"It seems that Sabertooth has chosen their contestant!" Chapati remarked. "And my oh my, if it isn't Lucy Heartfilia!" 

"What, kabo?! Lucy Heartfilia's going to participate, kabo?!" Mato exclaimed.