Chapter 32

"You sure came back early," Minerva said as she settled down on the bed beside Lucy. "I thought you would come back late like every time."

"Something came up and interrupted my plans," Lucy murmured. 

Minerva gazed at her with a knowing look. "Go take a bath, Lucy. Your hair is the most troublesome thing to wash." 

Lucy shifted in her bed as she stood up tiredly. "Gate of the Maiden, Virgo!" 

In a swift movement, Virgo appeared as she bowed. "Punishment, hime?" 

Lucy shook her head and smiled. "Help me wash myself," Lucy replied. "Though most of it is the hair." 

Virgo bowed once again, smiling knowingly. "Of course, hime." 

With that, the two of them disappeared down the hall to the indoor hot spring that was located in the inn. Seeing the two of them gone, Minerva got into action and went down to the living room where Sting, Rogue, Wendy, Rufus, Orga, Nagi, Happy, Lily, Carla, Lector, and Frosch were playing around. 

"Nagi, tell me what happened," Minerva said, coming up to Nagi. 

Nagi stopped playing around with Happy and Lily as he looked up at her, knowing what her question was. It was written all over her face. Her anxiety, her worry, and her rage. 

"Master, what's wrong?" Happy asked, curious. 

"It's not like you to be in such a hurry," Orga said. 

"Has something happened?" Lector asked, too. 

"Tell me, who was it?!" Minerva shouted. Nagi continued to look at her with a stoic expression but soon sighed. 

"If I tell you, what do you plan to do?" Nagi said. 

Minerva gulped. She hadn't come up with a plan of what she was going to do. She looked away in embarrassment as she saw that she herself had nothing to say. 

"Either way, I'll tell you," Nagi said darkly. "Your conclusion is spot on. It was Fairy Tail again. We were meeting up with someone and they interrupted it, and they accused Mama of pressuring Fairy Tail to drop out of the Games. Then after all that, he had the nerve to ask Mama for forgiveness!" 

Once they heard that, Minerva balled her fists and clenched her teeth. Sting, Rogue, and Wendy all shot up from their seats, their eyes wide with rage. Rufus and Orga just sat there stunned. Happy, Lily, Carla, Lector, and Frosch all look towards Nagi with bewildered expressions, not believing what had just came out of his mouth.

"H-He actually asked her for forgiveness?!" Carla literally shouted. 

"After all that he did to Lucy?" Happy cried out, flying to the air. "What makes him think he has the right to do that!" 

"Natsu-san was the first person to betray her and now he's going to be the first one to try to ask her for forgiveness?!" Sting yelled. 

"He's gone nuts in the head," Rogue murmured. 

"Why didn't Lucy-san tell us anything? Why does Fairy Tail always cause her trouble?!" Wendy yelled angrily as she hugged Carla tighter. 

"Does Fairy Tail never learn? This has happened so many times that I'm too tired to count," Rufus said angrily as he sighed. 

"Let's just go defeat them once and for all!" Orga shouted and as he stood up, the room shook. 

Minerva shook violently as she continued to rage, the thought of defeating Fairy Tail once and for all consumed her. How could they hurt Lucy? How many times did they have to hurt her until they were satisfied? And now the person that hurt her the most wants to ask her for forgiveness? Not in her hundred years of life will she ever give Fairy Tail what they want. Minerva looked up, her eyes were alight with the flames of anger. The floor beneath her was beginning to crack a little.