Chapter 20

After fighting off the dark guilds and wiping them off the map of Fiore, the party members began making their way to the Kou empire. Lucky for them, people of the past had created a road that directly lead from Fiore to the Kou empire so all they had to do was follow along that path. It's been fifteen days since their journey. 

"This forest just keeps on going doesn't it?" Minerva said, looking far out into the distance, only to see trees, trees, and more trees. 

"Not many people go to the Kou empire these days," Lucy said. "Back then, merchants traveled these roads to and fro." 

Minerva mused in understanding. "How do you know that?" she asked.

"Huh?" Lucy suddenly said, startled. She laughed nervously. "It's just something that I know." 

Everyone, including Nagi, looked at her suspiciously. She was definitely hiding something. But they all knew not to ask anything since she said that she would tell them about her secrets one day. 

"Are there any enemies ahead?" Gray asked. 

"No," Lucy replied. 

During these past few days, Fairy Tail and her had been getting along oddly well. Well, most likely because Natsu was remaining silent for the past five days. 

"How long until we reach the Kou empire?" Sheria asked. 

"At most five days," Lucy said, turning around to look at her. "The Kou empire had begun traveling, too, and soon, we'll meet them along this road." 

Sheria nodded and turned back to talking with Lyon. Lucy had continued to stay in her divine form for the remaining of the trip just in case anything suddenly happened. Happy and Lily were sticking with Nagi, desperate to avoid the advances of Natsu and Gajeel. For the rest of the five days, they camped outside on the roads. After much traveling and resting, the party finally arrived in Kou empire territory. In the distance, they could see other people along the road. 

"How many people are there?" Sting said, trying to look farther.

"A hundred people?" Rogue replied. 

"No..." Lyon said. "That looks more like a thousand people!" 

The members looked startled and bewildered upon seeing the approaching company of people. Suddenly, Lucy shone in her divine form and her clothes changed into more sophisticated ones. One befitting the ruler of the universe. She wore more jewelry and she wore a cape like jacket with a golden phoenix as a pattern down the back. Like always, her clothes were golden and white. Lucy smirked.

"It's the Kou empire." 

They all looked at her in shock as she began to walk forward in her newly changed divine form. She shone to the point where it became hard to look at her, but soon, the light only surrounded her body. Seeing Lucy changed, Nagi also began to glow a golden color. His khaki pants and black vest with a collared white shirt changed to a chinese imperial gold and white garment with a small dragon patterned cloth hanging from his obi. He looked like a small chinese prince. The members continued to look on in shock even when the Kou empire people arrived.

"State who you are and your business!" the two guards in the front shouted, blocking Lucy and Nagi from the person in the carriage from behind. 

"Are you saying that the Kou empire has forgotten me?" Lucy said behind her fan. 

Suddenly, a person from behind stepped forward, his eyes wide. "A-Are you..." he gulped. "Lucy-sama?" 

Lucy smiled and closed her fan and smiled. "Precisely. It's been a long time, Ren Koumei, former second imperial prince of the Kou empire."