Chapter 28

Training with Rufus for the past three months had been going smoothly even though the first few weeks were slow. Lucy had shown him different ways to use his memory-make magic and even helped him memorize different powerful magics that he had used. Even though Rufus didn't get it at first and constantly ran out of magic fast, he soon got the hang of it once he saw Nagi doing it. 

"Well, that sums up the basics of it. These past three months have been interesting, hasn't it?" Lucy smiled.

"Definitely!" Rufus exclaimed. "I didn't know you could combine spells using my memory-magic! It was a great training! Thank you so much!" 

Lucy laughed. "No need to thank me. I just taught you what would be helpful during the Games. You should be proud of your own work and effort. Besides, it's my first time having a student so I may have been a bad mentor."

"Not at all!" Rufus stated immediately. "I could've wasted a whole ten years of my life if you've never taught me this stuff." 

"My Mama's a good teacher, isn't she?" Nagi grinned. 

Rufus nodded. "She's the best teacher I've ever had," Rufus said, holding a thumbs-up. 

Nagi smirked and held out a thumbs-up sign in return. Whenever someone complimented his mom, he would always get into a good mood. Seeing his mother be held in high regard by everyone, Nagi couldn't help but love his mother even more. She meant the world to him and seeing her degraded by Fairy Tail...this year's Games was the most important thing to him right now. 

"They should be coming back soon I think," Lucy murmured as she looked up at the sky. 

"Did they contact you?" Rufus asked. 

"Yep. Grandeeney, Weisslogia, Skiadrum, and Raijin contacted me a few days ago," Lucy replied. "Are you guys excited to see them again?" 

"Aye~!" Happy said. "I haven't seen Wendy and Carla in such a long time. Will they bring fish?"

"I don't think there's fishes in the sky, Happy-san," Rufus sweated. 

"I'm eager to see how strong they've become," Lily said, coming up to them. "Three months is a rather long time." 

"I'm excited to see Wendy and the others but not so much the annoying blonde one," Nagi said. "It's better if he didn't come back at all." 

Lucy, Rufus, Happy, and Lily all chuckled nervously. In a few minutes, thunder clouds hovered over their heads and like the first time they met, a loud crack of thunder hit the ground, leaving a dent. 

"Yo, how's it going Rufus?" a voice bellowed. 

"It's good to see you again," Rufus smiled. "You've gotten a lot more powerful, Orga."

Stepping out in front of them was Orga. In these past three months, he looked as if he had gone under hardcore training because not only did he grow more muscles but his whole body was fizzing with electricity. 

"How did it go, Raijin?" Lucy asked. 

"To tell you the truth, it went absolutely horrible at first," Raijin replied with an exasperated tone. "But it was quite easy to train him compared to the other disciples I had. He's experienced in his field and not only that, you inscribed in his mind the basics of Thunder God Slaying Magic. With an increase in magic aptitude, it was easy once he got the hang of it. How'd it go on your side?" 

"Quite well. But mostly the same as yours," Lucy replied with a smile. 

"Ah~" Raijin said, lifting his arms behind his head. "Seeing the most powerful divine being train and mentor someone must have been a sight. In these past one thousand years, you have never mentored someone. Must have been a sight to see."