Chapter 1

It all started after the Grand Magic Games ended. At first, she had her suspicions but now, it became obviously clear. The guild was ignoring her. Every time she walked in with a bright smile and greeted them, they would look at her with disgust and contempt in their eyes. This had gone on for a few months and like always, today started out as usual. 

"Good morning guys!" Lucy yelled happily as she opened the front doors of the guild.

The guild stopped to look at her but then turned away from her, muttering under their breaths saying how she could show her face here every day despite all the embarrassment and humiliation she's given the guild. 

"Good morning, Mira," Lucy said, ignoring the looks and stares that her guild members were giving her. 

"Good morning, Lucy," Mirajane said with a flashing smile. At least not all of them were ignoring her. Lisanna had come back from Edolas and they had gotten along just fine. They soon became fast friends but with her return, it only worsened things on Lucy's side. Still, she ignored it. She didn't want to blame anyone for things that she herself was responsible for. Wendy and the three exceeds still talked to her. Even Laxus had begun taking an interest to her. With them there, she felt like it didn't matter what the rest of the guild thought. 

"That's it," one of the guild members said standing up. Every one turned to stare at him and for once, the guild was silent. 

"Lucy Heartfilia, get out of the guild," he said, turning to stare straight at her. 

"W-What?" Lucy replied back dumbfounded.

"Did you not hear what I said? I said 'get out'! Or was that too much for your little tiny brain to handle?" the man said again. Lucy knew that this was bound to come sooner or later. But, she didn't want to leave. This guild was the only place she had left. She clenched her fists in anger and started fighting back.

"I'm not leaving." She looked at him straight in the eyes.

"What did you just say?" he retorted, anger rising.

"I said I'm not leavi-" she started saying but faltered as she got punched in the face. She widened her eyes in surprise, unable to react to what had just happened. Never did she expect for him to hit her. Never in a million years. 

"Lucy-san!" Wendy immediately responded, rushing to her side. "What's wrong with you, Natsu-san!" 

"I'm tired of this nonsense. We bared with it for these past couple of months but now, I think it's time," he said. Lucy cupped her bruised cheek in her hand, looking up at the annoyed face of the person standing in front of her. The person who had brought her into this guild.

"What? Are you gonna cry now?" he said with a laugh. "Go on and cry. We all know you're useless and pathetic." Lucy was now on the verge of crying as the guild laughed in agreement.

"You're weak, Heartfilia!" 

"How did you even join Fairy Tail!"

"You're nothing without those spirits of yours!"

"Just go and die!"

"Can you even consider yourself a wizard?" 

They all scoffed and retaliated at her, abusing her verbally was enough but now, they wanted to abuse her physically? Before Mirajane, Lisanna, Wendy, Laxus, or even the three exceeds had the chance to run and protect her, waves of magic began descending upon Lucy from all directions. It hit her with such force that any mage would probably have died from that attack.

"Sky Dragon's Roar!" Wendy yelled.

"Lightning Dragon's Roar!" Laxus yelled.

"Take Over! Animal Soul: Cat!" Lisanna said as she partially takes on the form of a feline, protecting Lucy from some of the attacks.