Chapter 41

The wind was picking up fast as the once clear blue sky was now anything but blue. Gray dark clouds have filled the sky, covering every patch of sun that had once been seen. The petals were picked up by the wind as it scattered everywhere. Many of the people had already left, unaware of the ominous presence that was soon filling the sky. Sabertooth, Mavis, Zeref, Raijin, and Lucy could only watch on.

"It's spreading fast," Mavis said, her eyes stern.

"It's probably consuming all the magic around it that's in the air. That 'being' solely feeds on magic and nothing else," Raijin said.

"Lucy, what the hell is that thing?!" Sting said, shocked out of his mind.

"We call it 'Erit Ipsarum Major'. Otherwise known as the dimension eater. It's last appearance was in another dimension that I guarded, it destroyed everything there, reducing it to nothing but blackness," Lucy said, her fists shaking with anger. "If I could, I would've destroyed that 10,000 years ago."

"So how do we defeat it?" Minerva said.

Her eyes were glued onto the black thing that had appeared in the sky above. It looked like slime and was making its way through the sky, leaving nothing but itself behind. It was a monster, more gruesome and more fearsome than any other monster in Fiore. As the party continued to look at the sky, a voice shouted out in the distance.

"Yo, Lucy!"

Lucy turned around instantly, surprise reflected in her eyes. "Kouen!"

Coming from the east was the Kou Empire on their red flying carpets. Kouen was in the front along with Koumei and Kouha. Behind them were the household vessels of the Kou Empire, each one of them carrying their metal vessels with them as they began to wield it, transforming themselves.

"I'm lending you all the metal vessels of our Kou Empire," Kouen said, coming down and landing before Lucy. "I hope they will be of use to you."

Lucy nodded. "The more the better and the higher our chances will be of defeating it."

"Zeref," Kouen said, acknowledging him.

"Kouen," Zeref replied, nodding his head. In this grave situation, the two knew it wasn't the time for rivalry despite how much they wished to fight with one another.

"You called over the Alvarez Empire?" Kouen asked.

"Ah. I sent an emergency call to them. They should be arriving soon," Zeref said.

Just on time, behind the clouds started appearing a mass of black dots. Each one of them appearing on black flying carpets marked with the Alvarez Empire symbol. Leading them were the 12 Spriggans and behind them were specially trained mages. They landed beside the Kou Empire army and the two sides shook hands with one another, acknowledging each other's existence and presence. As of right now, they were fighting on the same side of the battle.

"Mama..." Nagi said, coming up to Lucy.

Lucy turned around and bent down as she sadly looked into Nagi's eyes. "Don't worry, Nagi. Mama, Zeref, and everyone will definitely win this fight. You stay out of this, we don't wish to involve you in this fight."

"But..." Nagi began to say but was ignored as Lucy turned back around to observe the oncoming monstrosity.

"From this distance, it looks pretty with its starry like appearance but too bad it has a rather disturbing nature," Kouen remarked as he glanced up. "It's a being that shouldn't have been born."

"Compared to last time, it's a lot bigger and faster," Zeref said. "How many did it take last time to defeat it?"

Lucy's eyes went cold and dark as she trembled. "The entire dimension. Millions and billions dead and...all it took to defeat it in the end was my sacrifice," Lucy said. "If I had known...I would've gladly given myself up for the sake of the rest of the innocent people."