Chapter 6

"Well, everyone. We'll be back in three years. Take care of the castle until then," Zeref said as he dragged his suitcase across the stone gravel road. 

Due to Lucy's urging, he had changed out of his black toga and wore a black tanktop with the words "King" scribed on it and a leather jacket. He wore black loose jeans with chains dangling from the side and black boots. 

"We will definitely organize the greatest coronation ceremony for Lucy-sama," Invel said, bowing. The other Spriggans soon followed.

"Make sure not to blow up the castle, guys," Lucy said as she and Zeref chuckled nervously. "Just try not to get into any fights."

"Don't worry, Lucy," Irene said with a grin. "There won't be any trouble."

Though Zeref and Lucy didn't want to leave them alone in the castle, they had no choice. Zeref took Lucy's suitcase and bid their farewells to the Alvarez Empire. Lucy held Nagi's hand as they stepped through the portal to Fiore. They had pulled their hoods over their heads and once they opened their eyes, their surroundings had changed. They were now in the bustling shopping district of Fiore. 

"Mama, where are we going?" Nagi asked.

"We're going to our new house," Lucy replied with a smile. Nagi's eyes shone with anticipation. Lucy saw and chuckled silently to herself. 

"Lucy, I have a resident nearby so we're going to go there," Zeref said.

"Lead the way, then, Your Majesty!" Lucy said sarcastically.

"Well, then, please follow me, Your Highness," Zeref replied back in the same tone as he took Lucy's hand in his. The three people laughed at their own silliness and before they knew it, they had walked through the middle of the forest to an open area. It was a mansion. No, that was an understatement. It was a whole estate, big enough to fit 20 families. There was a gate surrounding it and a fountain was situated in the middle. Rose gardens and a white gazebo decorated the outside. The trees and bushes were perfectly pruned and it looked like a scenery out of a magazine. 

"Wow~" Nagi exclaimed in awe.

"This is really huge," Lucy added. "It's pretty big for the three of us living here." 

"I think it's okay. It's not as huge as the Alvarez Empire's castle," Zeref replied with a nonchalant look. "Come on. Let's go in!" 

Lucy and Nagi followed Zeref in and even though the outside was indeed at a loss of words, the inside was far more luxurious. There must've been hundreds of rooms on the estate. There was a swimming pool, tennis court, basketball court, and an indoor hot spring. Zeref showed them around and Lucy and Nagi decided to settle for the queen's room. It was white in color and had lace silk curtains and diamonds hanging from the windows. The bed was a king and the bedsheets were white with silver patterns of flower on it. Stuffed animals were in the room which was the main reason why they chose it. Zeref situated himself in the room right next to them and lucky for them, there was an adjoining door to the both of their rooms. 

"I'll be going to go buy some furniture and necessities that we need," Zeref said after unpacking. "It's still early so if you guys have something you want to do, I suggest you go do it now."

Lucy and Nagi smiled knowingly. "You sure do know me well," Lucy replied. 

Zeref smiled back and left after saying goodbye to the two of them. Lucy looked down at her son and grinned.

"You ready, Nagi?" Lucy asked.

"I've been ready for this for a long time!" Nagi exclaimed with a dark expression.