Chapter 25

As Lucy reached out towards his hand, he firmly grabbed her's in his. Her soft delicate hands fit perfectly in his large ones. He rubbed the backside of her hand slightly with his thumb as he held her's, making her blush and look down. But eventually she looked up at him and smiled. He smiled back. 

"Let's go," Zeref said. 

Lucy nodded her head. They turned towards the palace where the banquet was to be held. The two walked stride in stride, their cape trains following closely behind. Nagi held onto Lucy's hand and the three first walked in, followed by the Spriggans, then the officials and generals, and eventually the guilds and the rest of the people. They all settled down in the vast banquet hall, Zeref and Lucy situated at the head on a cushioned throne with Nagi on Lucy's side. The 12 Spriggans settled down on each side of the banquet hall. Six of them on Lucy's side and six others on Zeref's side. Following them were the guilds and the officials. 

"I, Ren Kouen of the Kou Empire, congratulate you on your wedding, Emperor Spriggan," Kouen said while Koumei beside him bowed. Kouen was wearing clothing of a relatively similar design to Zeref's but instead of white and gold, it was crimson red with gold and slightly other colors. His crimson cape fell to his ankles. 

"It's been only a few months since I last saw you and as expected...you didn't change a single bit," Zeref smiled. 

The two glared at one another as Lucy laughed nervously. 

"Thank you, Kouen. I hope the Kou Empire is doing okay," Lucy said. 

"It's doing fine, thank you for your concern. Next time, please come visit the Kou Empire. We will welcome you with the utmost respect," Koumei said with a smile. 

"I will. Thank you," Lucy said smiling. 

Kouen and Koumei sat back down, satisfied and relieved to see her smile so happily. 

Following them were a bunch of other officials from other countries offered their respects to the two consummated couple. Zeref and Lucy greeted them pleasantly as they each had words to say. 

"Did they remember the names of all those people?" Lisanna whispered to her sister. 

"It seems so," Mirajane whispered back. Zeref and Lucy had stated all of their names with ease and it seems as if they knew the circumstances and political situations within their respective country. The guilds looked on in amazement as they thought about just how knowledgeable and how many connections Lucy had. 

"We the masters of the guilds of Fiore pay our respects," Makarov, Minerva, and the other guild masters said. "Congratulations on your wedding." 

"Thank you," Zeref replied, motioning them to stand up. "Makarov, I assume that your guild is doing well?"

"Quite so," Makarov huffed, shooting a glare at Fairy Tail. "We're quite grateful to you." 

"The one you should be grateful for is Lucy. She's the one that provided everything for the guild," Zeref replied. 

"Yes, if it weren't for her, the Magic Council would've already torn the guild down!" Makarov laughed. Zeref chuckled. 

"Sabertooth and Blue Pegasus," Zeref said turning to them. "I thank you for taking care of Lucy these past three years." 

The guild masters looked up with bewildered expressions. Never in their life had they expected the great black wizard Zeref to thank them. Nevertheless have a smile on his face!

"The honor is our's," Minerva said bowing. "Lucy has been a great comrade to us. We couldn't have asked for anything more." 

Sabertooth nodded in reply.