Chapter 34

Ricardo stormed out the house quickly followed by Jonathan. The crowded that was there earlier had dissipated, thankfully. Ricardo was bruised and bloody, so was Jonathan. Their clothes were torn and the inside of the house was destroyed.

            I had to apologize to the doc.

            Jonathan called out to Ricardo calling him a coward and screaming profanities at him. Jonathan caught up with Ricardo and swung at his jaw hard enough to knock him to the ground. “You stupid,” he spit out a few cuss words, “I know it was you.” Ricardo jumped up and swung at Jonathan. He staggered a bit but regained his balance quickly.

            “Me?” Ricardo laughed vengefully. “You were just scared I would steal her away. You planned an ambush for me.” His laugh sent chills down my spine, not in a good way.

            Jonathan snickered. “Steal her away? Hardly. After all you knew how much she loved me. She wouldn't even look at you. You were just scared you wouldn't become Alpha so got a few of your followers to ambush me. You planned to completely rid yourself of me. But I didn't die.”

            They lunged for each other again as I screamed in protest. It was completely useless. A new crowd had gathered around everyone but no one bothered to separate them. I could only think of two reasons why: one, because they were both stronger than any of the other wolves or two, they wanted to hear the gossip. Of course it could always be option three; who would win the fight?

            We did not get to find out.

            Both their fathers came to stop them. Ricardo shook off his father and began pacing shaking off the anger. Jonathan grabbed my hand and urged me to follow him. Ricardo screamed in opposition as he lunged for me other hand.

            “She is coming inside with me.” Ricardo began shaking in anger.

            I can’t believe this was my plan. I think their fake anger was turning real. And to be truthful, I am getting scared.

            I watched as they literally stood chest to chest nose to nose both shaking in anger.

            “No, she's going back home with me.” Jonathan's voice made my blood run cold.

            “Umm, how about we all go inside.” Sharply they both turned to look at me making me jump. “I'm a little tired.” They stared at me for a while before relaxing, probably realizing I was not faking my fear.

            “Fine.” They responded in unison. With a grunt they both led me towards the house. I glanced over my shoulder to Yara, Jonathan's only sister, and mouthed the words, Please help me!

            Yara stared at me wide eyed. Shaking her head she stepped back leaving me to deal with angry wolves, literally.

            Once inside they led me to my guest room and left.

            “And so the real show begins.” I laughed enjoying the new mission. I took a quick shower, changed into comfy clothes and waited for the signal.

            A penny under the door.

            I counted to ten before opening the door.

            Before anything I had to get Ricardo's dad. Jonathan was in charge of bringing the Alpha. I found him on his way to the very room I had to bring him to. I started talking to him avoiding all the questions he was asking. We had a few moments of awkward silence as I tried to keep him away.

            Finally when it was time I set a calm strolling pace for us as we walked arm in arm towards the library. We met with the Alpha and Jonathan on the way.

            I ushered them both to sit in a chair as Jonathan pulled up the live video feed from one of the empty unused offices. I pulled out my phone and dialed Mario's number.

            “Jamie Bond, setting up feed as we speak.” I was in a playful mood.

            “Be serious.” Mario's tense voice came from the other side of the line.

            “Mario your so mean.” I put it on speaker and set it on the table next to the lap top Jonathan had set up.

            “What is going on?” Ricardo's father asked his he watched his son sleeping in the office on the screen.

            “We're catching a killer.” Jonathan and I said in unison. We looked at each other and smiled before a voice come from the line.

            “They are on the way, 30 feet. 20. 10 feet and closing.”

            On the lap top screen we watched the door slowly open.