Chap 5

He shivered at the mention of Jonathan. That name seemed to fit him more than Ricardo. “Jonathan... Rodriguez?”

I had to laugh again. His face was just to cute. “Jonathan Ruiz. Your cousins name was Ricardo Rodriguez.....hmm...” I wonder if he

remembers Ricardo's name because of me? Highly doubt it because he doesn't even know who I am. It sort of stings. I've spent this whole time remembering him and dreaming and holding on to him and he doesn't even know who I am. I know it's not his fault but still... “Do you know how he lost his memory?” I asked Mario. Mario just shook his head saying they found him unconscious. I frowned. Well that's helpful. “Hey did you wake up around someone and then they just disappeared?” I asked Jonathan hoping someone he knew purposely knocked him over the head just so I could beat them up. He looked at me confused. I tried not to smile and after a struggle I won. He just looked at me and said no. Weird. Jonathan was never one of those people who was anywhere alone. He always had someone with him. “Weird.”

“Why?” He asked me.

“You're never alone. I do mean never, capital N-E-V-E-R. You're usually with your younger sister or one of your older brothers. Also sometimes you're with your cousin—not Ricardo, you couldn't stand him. Which is another weird thing because you remember his name... What about his cousin Carmen? Remember her?” He shook his head. “Remember the name Melissa?” Again he shook his head. “What about Angel?” He shook his head again. I let out a grunt and crossed my arms. “Jennifer?” Jennifer was his mother. He shook his head. “Justin.” Best friend. He shook his head. “Curtis? Don?” These two had a crush on me and he was friends with them. Again he shook his head. I was getting frustrated. I started naming girls that liked him. “Justine? Alexa? Melly? Fedarica? Melissa? Shawne? Shay?” He shook his head. That's when a certain name popped into my head. I was going to be heart broken if he remembered this name. I dropped my stance and looked away towards the way that I came. “Aaliyah?”

“I remember her! Well I remember her name! Who is she?” I knew I had a pained look on my face but I couldn't help it. I felt my heart drop the moment I heard his voice.

I was going to lie. I was going to tell him it was no one important. “No one impo—“ I looked at him from the corner of my eye. I couldn't do it. As much as I loved him and hated her if they really loved each other I wasn't going to stand between them. “The girl you cheated on me with.” I said in a very low voice. I couldn't raise it any higher. Just as he opened his mouth my prayer was answered. Next to the guitar was the cell phone the people sponsoring this event gave me. I opened it up and saw a text from Tayy : Time for dinner. If you don't come home well starve! Do you want me to die?! Get you little skinny cute butt over here before I go over there and drag you here my self! Xoxo The xoxo kind of scared me but I was too hurt to even feel scared.

Without even looking at the pack of almost naked guys I picked up the guitar and set for home. I got to the tree line before anyone spoke. “I don't know who she is but for some reason I really hate her! Like really, really hate her! Don't leave.” I held the guitar like it was my life line. I put the guitar string over my head and put it behind me.

“I need to get back.”

“Can't you tell you dad” I flinched. “You'll be home later?”

“Dad subject.” I muttered angrily to myself. “My mom and no I can't because I'm not living with her.”

“Why not?”

“ 'Cause she sent me here 'to better my self and for my own good'.” I put air quotes. “Bye.” Before he could object I speed walked away. I walked and tried to concentrate on the noise around me because I knew if I started to think I would have unpleasant thoughts. Slowly I saw the light from the house. Than the house came into view. The house wasn't that far from the clearing it was only far enough so that I couldn't hear what was going on over here.