Chapter 13

I was standing outside the house looking at the curtains. I had expected the lights to be off but they were clearly on. I sighed and went inside. “Hola my amigos!” I screamed innocently.

“Where have you been?” Jonathan screamed jumping from the couch to me. He stopped inches from me. “You smell like him.”

I didn’t know how to respond so I decided to change the subject. “How did you like the food I sent? I’m broke so I should probably tell my mom to refill my bank card. Maybe I should get a job.” I walked around him calmly. He grabbed my arm in a vice grip.

“You look too pretty for this fake date.” He suddenly said.

Against my wish I blushed, hard. For some reason I liked Jonathan’s comment on my appearance better than Ricardo’s. “It’s not a date.” I said avoiding the really comment I wanted to say.

“What happened? You were supposed to meet at a fancy restaurant.” Mario said not looking away from where Jonathan was holding me.

I nodded my head. “We were but on my way he sent me a text telling me to stop at the park that was a few miles away from the place.” I shrugged my shoulders. I hesitantly laid my hand on Jonathan’s slipping my finger’s in between his hand and my arm. Even after he let go of my arm I didn’t let go of his hand. “You should probably sit down for what I’m about to say.” His tense shoulders dropped and he looked back at me confused. He nodded and pulled me over to the couch. Instead of sitting on his lap I sat on the arm rest but kept my hand in his.

I cleared my throat. I didn’t know how to start or even what to say. “How about you tell us how you met Ricardo. I’ve been dying to know. He looked so cute in that picture you should us.” Helena said suddenly. I smiled.

“Um. Well, for some reason one day my mom decided I should go to a baby sitter during the mornings. I met him the first day. He was the first kid I meet. Than came his cousin and then his sister. They were chasing him around the house playing tag.” Helena nodded.

“How is their relationship?” Mario asked in complete serious mode.

“Their relationship.” I said wide eyed. I licked my lips and looked away. “Not so good.” I let out a rough breath. “From what he said, they hated each other. The only time they ever got along, non-forcefully, was when I was there, or at least he said. Other times they forced themselves to get along unless they were with family then they acted normally. He said that they were both chosen to take over the family business but that the family didn’t know which of the two would be head of the business and which one would just be second in command. He said that it all depended on one person.” I shrugged. “I didn’t even know they had a family business.”

“What else did he say?” Mario asked.

I thought about that. What else had he said? We mainly just talked about each other, our memories, and the future. “Wow. Talk about royally bombing a mission.” I whispered looking off to the side.

Mario sighed. “You didn’t talk much about Jonathan did you?”

I smiled innocently and gave a weak chuckle. “Not like I didn’t try. He kept changing the subject.”

Mario was looking at the floor when he growled. He stood up in a flash and started screaming at me. “This isn’t a game. Something is obviously wrong and your not even taking things seriously.” I flinched into my seat. One thing that always managed to seriously scare me was when people screamed directly at me. Anger aimed at me always scared me. I always began to tremble and get teary eyed. My heart beat furiously inside of my chest making it hurt. With Mario’s muscles he could snap my neck like a twig no problem.

Jonathan felt my trembling and stood up. He stood chest to chest with Mario and made Mario look at him. Jonathan was at least two inches taller than Mario. Both their chest rose and fell rapidly. “Your scaring her.” He snarled and growled at Mario. No one said anything but all the boys stood up and put a restraining arm on both Mario and Jonathan.

I stood up and left the room. My knees trembled and begged me to give up and throw myself on the floor but I wouldn’t allow it. “I’m sorry, Adrain.” Mario said softly behind me. I didn’t even bother stopping. I continued walking to my room. I closed the door, leaned against it and slide down onto the floor. After the trembling had subsided a little I stood up and got in bed. I kicked off my heels and closed my eyes hoping for a dream less sleep.