Chapter 22

When I got to his apartment he was outside waiting for me. I stared at him through the cars tinted windows. He looked worried. He was pacing back and forth looking at his phone. I watched him as he unlocked his phone making the bright light eliminate his face in the dark. He put his phone to his ear and my phone went off. His head flashed to the car and he tried to pretend he hadn’t heard it by looking away. I smiled slightly. I liked these werewolf abilities. I got out the car and slowly crossed the street making my way to him. I kept my head down so he wouldn’t see the puffiness of my eyes.

“Sorry I called so late. I just really don’t want to be home right now but I don’t want to be alone either.”

“What happened?” He asked enveloping me in his arms. I laid my head against his chest hearing his fast beating heart. I breathed in his weirdly delicious smell that I couldn’t name. I felt so at peace so comfortable and calm. I pressed myself into him more unknowingly. He didn’t resist.

“Tell me what happened.” He said softly. When I didn’t answer him he lifted my face up and his clear brown eyes met my puffy red black eyes. The sadness in his eyes made me pity myself so I looked away disgusted. He put his hand behind my head and pressed me closer to himself. “I’m glad you can call me when something goes wrong. Always know I’m here for you okay.” I nodded feeling tears prickle my eyes.

Without a word he led me inside and to the elevator. As we waited he held me tightly to his side as if I would break if he let go. I didn’t mind the warmth and feel of his body against mine had my body at ease. As much as I hated to admit, like I’ve been doing a lot lately, it was almost the same feeling I had with Jonathan. The feeling of immense happiness. I loved this feeling; this was what I had been craving for five years. The feeling of love that didn’t belong, that shouldn’t be there, the feeling of unexplainable happiness. That was why I could always be with Jonathan even though he hurt me. It was unexplainable, unrecycled, indescribable, unimaginable happiness. Like loving your new born baby, automatic.

The elevator dinged and we walked into the corridor. I didn’t even remember getting inside the elevator. I walk silently by his side as he led me down a clean white hallway. We came to a stop in front of a door and I waited for him to open it before entering. The smell of burnt macaroni and cheese hit my nose like a bull dozer.

I turned to him with squinted eyes; the smoke had already started to bother them. “I think you burnt something.” I said in an extremely low voice.

He stared at me a few seconds before running into over drive. “Damn it.” He said running into the kitchen. I followed behind him silently.

“What’s wrong with your fire alarms?”

“I hate those things. There annoying.” He said taking the pot and dumping the whole thing in to the sink. I quickly went and opened the sliding door in the living room. I came back to see him running cold water and dumping the burnt macaroni’s down the sink. I leaned against the door frame to the kitchen. I watched his every moment. His body moved fluidly, like water. His muscles flexed under his tight white shirt and for the first time I noticed what he was wearing.

I laughed. “Nice shirt.” I pointed and laughed. He didn’t say anything only looked away embarrassed. He was wearing a Pokémon shirt. Once my laughter died down he turned on the food dispenser. “I used to love Pokémon, I don’t know if I still do though.” I said over the noise.

He looked over at me and flashed me a smile I never seen before. It was cheesy and over happy. I could see all his perfect teeth and his cheeks were so far high his eyes were squinty. The face of a troublesome little boy. He looked away but by then I was already unknowingly walking to his side. I pushed myself into his chest smothering my face into him. I wrapped my arms across his back pressing him to me. For a moment, a singly second, I could have sworn I heard his heart skip a beat. He dropped the pan inside the sink and pulled me closer. I was having trouble breathing but I didn’t care. This hug was different from any hug we ever had. It was almost intimate, as if we were lovers who just got over a major argument. It was quite and needy, lovely and calm. Behind my closed eye lids I couldn’t help but picture a rose garden.

Sorry it's so short. I'll make it up for you later i just really wanted to end it here :]