Chap 10

"Liyah come over here. Where's that picture we took together?" I said looking at the picture that was tapped around her burro's mirror. Turning back I could see her rubbing her hands on Jonathan's thigh. "Liyah!" I screamed. She jumped slightly and stopped but didn't look away from him. "Aaliyah! Get your ass over here before I pull you by your fucking hair!" I screeched. Aaliyah did always bring out the worst in me.

            She got up and walked over to me. I heard mummers of disbelief run over everyone. They were probably just now making the connection of the Aaliyah I had told them about in pictures and the one in front of them. "What?" She asked with an attitude.

            "Where's the picture us three took when we went to the mall?"

            "What time?"

            "The time we went to the mall. The umm..... That first time we had gone to the mall with him when he came to visit during vacation." She nodded and walked away.

            "Oh. I don't know where I have it." I could tell she was lying. She had walked back to her bed. I took off my heels and walked to her side. I saw her pull a small notebook from under her pillow and slipped out a group of photographs.

            "In your dairy." I said. She screamed and slammed into the wall. I must have scared her. I took the pictures from her with no emotion and walked over to Jonathan. As I was about to sit down Aaliyah pushed me out the way and sat down next to him.

            "I'm going to go take a shower. I'll be back." She said suddenly standing up and rooming through her draws.

            I gave the pictures to Jonathan and lay down on the bed putting my head on her pillow and closing my eyes. I felt everyone huddle around the bed as they all tried to get a look at the pictures I gave Jonathan. I knew what they'd see. Three friends. A smiling tall tan boy standing in between two short light skinned chubby girls his arms around both. Each of us grinning like fools.

            I heard the pictures slid against each other as he went to the next picture. This one was probably the one of him and me kissing. I had taken the picture. His arm was around my back pulling me close and my free arm was around his neck. I remember getting on my tippy toes and smiling against his lips.

            I don't remember hearing him change the pictures but the moment I heard collective gasps I knew what picture they were on. It was the time he went back on vacation. A different time. A different vacation. He hadn't called me to tell me he was coming and neither did she. The image will always be burned into my head.  They were sitting on a bed. A king size bed. His arms were around her waist as she straddled him. She was wearing a short jean skirt and a tight green shirt with no shoes on. He was wearing beige cargo shorts and a black and red shirt with brand new sneakers that were red and black. Their eyes were shut and they were close together. The picture was taken as their tongues danced in the air.

            Their tongues touching outside their mouths.

            Their tongues touching. I would never forget it.

            "Nice picture huh? Guess how I found out? She gave me a group of pictures and told me to look through them. So I did. Imagine my surprise when I found that picture among others. Then she plays innocent. 'Omg! How did that picture get in there? Oh my gosh! You weren't ever supposed to find out. Opps.'" I mimicked her voice.

            “Adrian!" Liyah screamed from the bathroom.

            "Wha‘?"