Chap 8

I was a walking zombie. I wobbled from side to side reminding myself to keep moving my legs or I’d fall. I pushed the door open and wobbled my way over to the couch only to realize Jonathan, Mario and another boy I didn’t know were sitting their. I groaned and turned around making a face plant on the floor. It would have hurt my face if I hadn’t landed on a bean bag chair.

“Hard day?” Jonathan asked.

“I hate this school. They tried to make me focus!” I mumbled into the bean bag. I guess they didn’t understand me because they told me to take my face of the bean bag. “No. Tired.” I mumbled into the chair. I gasped as I was suddenly lifted off the floor. Jonathan had lifted me off and floor and had carried me to the couch. When he sat down he put me on his lap. Too tired to argue, and not wanting to, I sighed and laid my head on his shoulder.

“How was it?” Jonathan asked in amusement.

I groaned. “Why are you complaining?” Andy said slightly mad. “This girl”, she pointed to me, “she forgot to write her poem or essay that we were supposed to turn in when we met with the dean. So the dean tried to embarrass her by telling her to make up something on the spot.” She shook her head. “She came up with something better than anything any of us wrote in like…..two minutes.”

“Yeah!” Helena agreed. “Then when we were in class she just stared out the window. The teacher kept giving us assignments to see how well we write and she didn’t do any of them until the teacher announced we had 5 minutes left. Then she’d scream and be like ‘Ah! I haven’t even started.’ Put her hands to her head and shake her head. Then she started tapping, driving me insane, and then she started her work and some how still did better than most of us. She didn't even think about what she wrote.”

“Are you kidding me? I had to think so hard my brain is hurting! I've never had to think so much in my life!” I said wide eyed.

“Lair!” Helena half teased.

I huffed a little then broke out into a smile. “Your kind of right.... I only had to think when I talked to the dean.... Who knew it was so hard to come up with a long poem in a matter of minutes?”

“Hard? You made it seem so easy. You only struggled on the last line.” Joey said. “Do you know how hard I have to try? It doesn't come easy to me.”

“Really? I really liked your stuff.” I said shocked.

“Really?” Joey asked hopeful. I nodded eagerly. He smiled making me smile.

I stood up, yawned, and stretched. “Where are you going?” Jonathan asked.

“Take a nap. School takes a lot out of me.” I said walking towards the room.

I changed my clothes and got into bed falling asleep within minutes. I was woken up an hour later by a women with her brown hair up in a pony tail and square glasses. I glared at her mad that she woke me up.

“Hi. I'm maid and chief. I'm also supposed to take you to your doctor appointments of which you have one in an hour.” She said lightly. I nodded my head and sat up. She left the room. I got up and took a shower letting the warm water drizzle on me longer than I should have. I put on a boys button down shirt I bought and heels. After making my self smell good I went to the kitchen were I heard way to many voices.

Everyone including Z'Damonds friends were sitting around the counter eating some food. I grabbed Jonathan's half eaten sandwich while he wasn't looking. He turned back to his sandwich and grabbed down at his empty plate.

“Hey who took my sandwich?” He asked mad. Everyone stopped and looked at him. He still hadn't realized I was next to him. Once everyone saw me taking my first bite into his sandwich they laughed. He followed everyone's eyes and saw me. When his angry eyes landed on me they instantly became soft.

“What I'm hungry.” I said taking another bite of his sandwich and taking some of his chips. He continued to stare at me as I grabbed his orange juice and drank the whole cup.

“Alright let's go.” The lady who woke me up said.

“Hey. Wait a minute lady. I don't even know your name yet.” I said faking anger.

“Oh! Right, sorry. My names Angelica.” She said holding out her hand. I shook it.

I started following Angelica out the kitchen. “Where are you going?”

“So nosy. Always asking me where I'm going.” I said remembering Jonathan had asked me that not so long ago. Turning back I smiled at him. “I have places to be people to meet. You know the same old same old.” I said waving back at them.