chapter 16

“Phase One of covert ops Mission Two, complete. Phase Two already on the roll!” I held up two proud fingers to everyone’s face.

            Jonathan took the pictures that were laying on top of the ice cream. Jeff took Polaroid pictures so I managed to swipe a few. “Why didn’t you tell us you were going out with him again?” Jonathan screamed at me.

            “That’s not important right now--”

            “What do you mean it’s not important? Of course it’s important!”

            “No it’s not! I have exactly…” I looked at my watch and counted the hours and minutes. “Exactly 5 hours to get a party started! And my party goers consist of Ricardo, Andrew, Ester and more of your family and all of their friends.” I counted them off on my fingers. “Meaning you” I said putting my hands on his shoulders “can’t be here.” I twisted him around so he was facing the door. “So get out before I kick your butt.” I took a hair tie from my pocket and put my hair up in a messy bun. “I have 5 hours to cook food, buy food, get dressed, and spazz up the place. So scoot your boot!” I said twirling around and kicking Jonathan’s butt with my foot.

            “Before that we need to borrow ten minutes of your time.” Jonathan said.

            “What is it? You better make it quick.” Jonathan put his hands on my shoulders and led the way out to the back yard. Mario and another boy kept walking even after every one stopped.

            “Now before we show you I want you to remember the same people you were with on your first day here and remember there’s no difference from who we were then and who we are now. Got it?” The boy said seriously. I nodded and crossed my arms.

            Mario and the boy looked at each other before looking at Jonathan and I. At first it looked like they were vibrating slowly. It picked up rapidly until I could barely make out their facial features. A loud rip boomed around the yard and right were the boys stood where two wolves. One was a simple plain boring brown but it’s eyes were a creepy intense green. Beside that one was a dark grey wolf with amazing blue eyes.

            I couldn’t say anything. I felt my body move and I saw my index finger pointing but I didn’t register it completely. “We’re wolves. Werewolves.” Jonathan said beside me.

            “So am I. All of my friends you met in the past couple days were all werewolves.” Z’Damond said from behind me.

            I nodded slowly. “Give me five seconds to digest these sticky biscuits.” Jonathan equals werewolf. Z’Damond equals werewolf. Mario equals werewolf. The ratio between Jonathan and Ricardo equals werewolf over blood-cousins. Jonathan plus Ricardo divided by Adrian equals… “Holy chipotle guacamole! I fell in love with a werewolf!” I said wide eyed. My hands shoot up to my head in astonishment. “And not just one but two fell in love with me.” I shook my head. “This is incomprehensible! And yet….. Completely….” I said slowly. “Wicked!” I screamed. I smiled up at Jonathan. “I want to see your wolf too! Go shift or whatever!” I said pushing him towards the wolf version of Mario and unknown boy.

            “Aren’t you scared?” Jonathan asked looking back at me shocked.

            I huffed. “Please! I always wanted a dog. Now I got a house trained dog! Now shift damn it!” A couple people laughed and tried to cover it up as a cough.

            “We were worried for nothing.”

            “She took it better than me.”

            “Everyone took it better than you, Helena.”

            Conversations sparked up but I ignored them. My focus was completely focused on Jonathan as he vibrated and shimmered down to a wolf. The voices hushed down and I could fell their gaze on me.

            “Wah….” I said completely astonished. Wolf Jonathan walked up to me and sat down on his hind legs. Even sitting down he was taller than me and standing up he was as tall as his human form. I ran my hand through his fur and it glittered against the sun. “It’s silver. Just like an old man… Weird.” A couple people chuckled again. He had coal like black eyes that seemed to go on forever, into a dark pit. “Awesome!” I yelled throwing my arms around wolf Jonathan’s neck. I could see his tail wagging in excitement. The end of his tail seemed to have been dipped into midnight black ink because only the very tip was black.

            “Your taking this a lot better than any of us thought.” Z’Damond said cautiously from beside me.

            “What are you talking about? I always knew my life was destined for weirdness. Plus I always knew Jonathan and his cousins weren’t normal. I’m just glad they’re not vampires. I would have probably died right here and now.” I said waving him off. A sudden beep from my cell made me jump. I let go of Jonathan and looked at my text.

            Ricardo, It read. I opened the message: Can’t wait for the party. Starts at six right?

            Looking at my watch I was already thirty minutes behind schedule. I texted him a quick ‘yes’ and returned to the problem at hand. “Well since you’re already outside. Get!” I said shooing him away. “I’m already thirty minutes behind schedule! No matter what you can’t come back until I say it’s all clear got that?” Than looking over at wolf Mario. “And you mister! You better be back five thirty sharp! Get yourself cleaned up. No excuses! If you’re not back by five forty I’ll find out where you live, hunt you down, and drag you here by your hind legs! If Covert Ops Mission 2 fails it’s going to be on your head this time not mine! Now everyone!” I turned sideways gesturing to everyone. “If you don’t live here, GET! Scat! Make like trees and leave.” A couple people grumbled and chuckled but did as I said. Although instead of leaving in human form they decided it was safe now to shift into wolves and leave. I just shook my head and went inside.

_____________________________________________________

Votee&&Comment??