Chapter 21

It's been a week. My ankle was simply sprained so I could walk now, but it did hurt. Since I spent all week at home nothing bad happened though I was scared to go out. I had this feeling I was going to get some major pain to make up for that week. Likely I wouldn't be alone today. There was a school party the principal wanted us to attend. Everyone had a date in place. Helena was going with that boy from the party. Tayy was going with Mario. Z'Damond with Andy. And for the first time in forever I realized Bobby and Joey weren't living in the house anymore. I remember when I first met them; Bobby was glued to the TV and Joey tried to hit on me. Now that I think about it I hadn't seen Joey since the day he got in that fight with Jonathan and I hadn't seen Bobby since the first day I moved in.

            “God, how do you put this on?” Jonathan screamed aggravated. He wasn't having any luck putting on his tie. I smiled and walked to his side. “Shouldn't you be getting ready?” I readjusted his tie so I could tie it correctly.

            As it turned out my only choice was Jonathan. This would be Jonathan and I's first official date. “No.” I laughed. “I just have to slip on my dress and heels.” I had my make-up done, my hair up in a neat and elegant bun, and a long shirt. “There.” I said patting down his now tied tie. He looked down at it and grunted. I backed up and looked at him. He looked pretty cute but not as good as his cousin Ricardo, not that I'd ever tell him. “You look so handsome.”

            I continued inspecting him. I had to make sure it wasn't dirty or wrinkled. I felt his finger under my chin as he lifted my head. The look in his eyes made me stop breathing. He looked admiring, soft, determined, and so many more emotions that I couldn't even name. I got lost in a sea of black eyes that scared me to a very high degree but also made me very weak.

            “Have I ever told you how beautiful you are?” He asked in a husky whisper. My heart did an involuntary spin kick that made my chest ache. I shook my head unable to mouth any words. His arm wrapped around my waist pulling me closer to his chest.

            I heard a voice shout some commands and it brought me back to reality. I hurriedly pushed him away and gave him a sneaky smile. “You’re so weird.”

            Before he had a chance to stop me I went to the girls' room so I could get dressed. I ended up wearing a very tight fitting red strapless evening dress that hugged my curves. I put on my matching red stilettos and my black clutch. I left my room hearing the others getting ready to leave.

            I went out to the living room to wait for everyone since for some reason weren't actually done. Jonathan came over and sat next to me. “You look gorgeous.” He said smiling over at me.

            “Tell me something I don't know.” I joked. I heard my phone go off and realized I hadn't had it on me. I went to the kitchen table to get it and when I went back to the living room almost everyone was there.

            Jonathan came over to stand by me. “You know how I'm a werewolf right?”

            I froze and let fake fear show on my face. “You’re a werewolf?” His confused face was so adorable I couldn't help but laugh. “Yeah, Jonathan, I think I know that.”

            He nodded his head but didn't say anything after. As I was about to speak up he spoke. “You know a lot about werewolves. Well, from what you read.” I nodded my head. Where was he going with this? “So you would know what I meant if I said you were my mate.” I failed to notice the quietness of the house.

            “Yeah, so?”

            He went to speak but nothing came out. He closed his mouth, cleared his throat, and tried again. “You’re my mate.”