Chapter 15

“We have to tell her.” Mario said in a rushed whisper.

“Tell who what when?” I said standing innocently by Jonathan’s side. They all jumped a little at my sudden intrusion. Everyone looked away and no one greeted my appearance. “Okay. I know when I’m not wanted.” I said feeling hurt. I left and made myself some breakfast.

As I ate I went over what happened yesterday and suddenly I wasn’t so hungry and I was in a mood to leave the house. I sighed and looked at the time. “Ah! Damn!” I left my half eaten sandwich on the counter and ran to my room.

I threw all my clothes onto the floor looking for something to wear. I decided on extremely short light washed jeans and a slightly baggy white spaghetti strap shirt tucked in. I put a black blazer over it that came down to my elbow and a chunk of sliver necklaces. I put on a whole set of silver bangles. I came to an abrupt halt as I realized I need a car. I also needed my phone to call for a car. After a second of looking around I realized I didn’t bring my phone to my room. I ran to the living room ignoring the hushed argument that immediately stopped when I walked in.

“Move.” I said kicking some boys legs out of the way. He lifted up his feet and put them on the table. I got down on all fours and looked for my phone under the couch. “Knew it was here.” I mumbled to myself. I grabbed it and immediately ran back out the room. I called the driver that only lived a few minutes from here only to have him tell me he was already waiting for me outside. I laughed and hung up. I ran to the closet and grabbed a pair of black pumps that had silver on the bottom. I ran to the bathroom and grabbed mascara, my favorite lip gloss, and eye liner. On my way out I grabbed a small mini mirror off Helena’s night stand and left the room. I some how managed to walk out the room and into the living room while putting on eye liner and mascara. I stopped at the door and threw the mascara, eye liner, and mini mirror to Helena. “Thanks.” I put lip gloss on while opening the door. I figured they’d lock it so I didn’t bother.

I got in the car and as soon as we were away from the house I called him. “Hey.”

“Hey. Meet you at the ice cream parlor?”

I laughed. “You know it.” We hung up. Last night Ricardo had texted me telling me to meet him at an ice cream parlor. He said they had the best ice cream in the world. After a few minutes of driving we pulled up at a yellow ice cream parlor that was loaded with people. I got out the car and told the driver to go home. I walked inside the shop and immediately shivered. The place was like an ice box. A warm arm appeared around my shoulders.

Ricardo smiled down at me. He was wearing a sky blue long sleeve shirt that was tight enough to define his muscles but loose enough to wonder if he had abs. He had light grey suit pants on.

“One thing that’s definitely changed about you is your wardrobe.” He smiled. “Not that I mind.”

I laughed. “Right back you.”

We got in line and ordered some ice cream only behind the counter Ricardo and I noticed a little contest. Which ever couple could eat the all 24 new flavors of ice cream, mixed by the staff, would get four gallons of free ice cream. As soon as I saw it I looked over at him. Our eyes met and we grinned. We decided to change our order and instead got the ‘super-large supreme’. It consisted of staff made ice creams, experiments more like. Twenty four different flavors each had it’s own intensity of disgustingness. I was pretty sure one of them had hot sauce in it and another had large chunks of peanut butter and another had chunks of lemon and limes. I just hoped I wasn’t going to throw up or get food poisoning. Some of them, luckily, looked alright. Some had sprinkles of good chocolate candies and other’s were just mixtures of two or more different famous flavors of ice cream mixed together. Honestly I couldn’t wait to get to the chocolate chip cookie dough cotton candy fudge brownie ice cream. As soon as the staff member named Jeff, who was timing the contest, said, “Eat!” I immediately dug into the chocolate chip cookie dough cotton candy fudge brownie ice cream. I noticed Ricardo started with a spicy smelling green one and I almost gagged, almost. I ate all the good one’s that didn’t look or smell disgusting while Ricardo ate all the other ones. We managed to eat all the ice cream with a full minute to spare. Once we were done I cleaned my mouth sat back. I felt like I had eaten a whole buffet. Ricardo didn’t even seem the least bit full. Jeff looked at us, Ricardo mainly, in amazement. People cheered and we got our picture taken. Soon after Jeff came back with a four gallon tube of chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream, my favorite flavor might I add. I didn’t even have to beg, I just simply asked and fluttered my eyelashes and Ricardo gave me the whole tube of ice cream.

Ricardo and I said our goodbyes because he had to get back to work but we made sure plans for later. And I couldn’t wait….

I grabbed a cab and headed home. Once I was home I paid the guy and hauled the tube out the car. I could tell the talking from inside quieted down. They probably heard the car and know it‘s me. I shrugged my shoulders and opened the door. Once inside I let the ice cream drop onto the table with a big thud.