Chap 9

I got out the car silently and made my way up the stairs. Even through the door I could everyone laugh. I wish I could be like them. Be so care free and not worry about what would do harm to my body. I knew I was dyeing but being reminded all the time made it that much harder to bare with it. With a deep long sigh I opened the door. Everyone looked at the door smiling.

“Look who's here! Want to play?” Z'Damond said holding up a game controller to me.

Ignoring him I unconsciously went to Jonathan. I moved his arms apart so I could get in between them. I sat down in his lap and leaned against his chest closing my eyes.

“Guess you've gotten a whole lot less shy about things huh?” Z'Damond said. I imagined him winking at me but I couldn't be bothered to open my eyes.

Angelica cleared her throat. “I'll drop your new medicine in the morning.” She said. I heard her take the steps to the door but the door didn't make a sound. “I'm sorry... about the news.” She paused. “You guys take good care of her alright.” The door closed and she was gone.

“What did she mean by that? Why do you have new medicine? Did you go to see a doctor?” Jonathan asked. I could fell his voice shake his frame as he spoke.

“Yes. I have new medicine because of new revelations. She meant she's sorry that I'm going to die in six months.” I said answering them in a detached voice.

No one said anything. My chest started to painfully constrict. I felt Jonathan's voice vibrate and figured he was talking only I couldn’t hear him. I opened my eyes and looked up at him. He wasn't talking. Humming maybe?

“Jonathan's a werewolf.” Mario said looking straight at me.

Jonathan stopped vibrating and sharply turned to look at Mario. “I tell you I have six months to live you tell me Jonathan's a werewolf?” I asked in disbelief. “Thanks. Really.” I said getting up and going to my room. I laid down. The doctors always told me I wouldn't have long to live but for them to actually put a time stamp on me.... on my lungs. I thoughts I would have at least stood a fighting chance but I guess not.

I kept replaying the moment the doctor said it to me. He took out some pictures of my lungs and after a moment he sat down at his desk. He folded his hands on his desk and with out an inch of compassion or sadness or even any emotion he said 'You'll be dead in six months. You should start preparing everything and get things out of the way. If you'd like I could tell your mother. Though I'd really rather not. I'll just let you tell her.' He stood up and walked out of his office leaving me in his cold trail.

It took me too long to finally realize what he said. I think I was in his office alone for about an hour. When I finally realized it I wrote him a note and told him to 'Tell my mother, jackass. She'd just love to hear you say it to her. Here's her number.' I admit I probably could have left out the swear word but I was angry. Every time doctors put a time stamp on someone most of the time it doesn't happen but than you have those one in a million chances where it actually happened and I've been known to have those one in a million chances a lot.

I screamed into the comforter and kicked my legs up into the air. This was not fair. I don't know what I did in my past life to deserve this but I wish I could relive it and change it so I wouldn't have to put up this kind of present life. I sighed. No use contemplating what I can't change. I just wish I had more time.

…..More time for what? Outside my door I heard commotion. They were trying to coxs people into coming into the room to say something to me. Mainly they were trying to get Jonathan to come into the room and say something.

“What am I even supposed to say? It's alright? I'm here for you? Don't worry? I can't lie to her and I can't stay by her side and watch her die.” He said in pain.

I smiled against the sheets. At least he didn't come in here and lie. That's when it hit me. I had six months. I shouldn't spend my time being sad or angry over anything I should spend them doing something good. Something that will defiently be good. I got up and ran to the door locking it and running back to my draws. I took out a band sweater dress and hit the showers. Once I was fully clean I put on my dress and my black heels from earlier. I ran a comb through my hair and straightened my hair. I unlocked the door and speed walked to the kitchen. Putting my hand on my hip, feet shoulder width apart, I pointed to Jonathan in determination.

They all looked at me shocked. “Six months. I've got six months to make you remember your life.” I put my hand down and marched over to him. I grabbed his wrist and pulled him. After a little hesitation he complied. We all piled into two cars and set off. The driver let us off on the block I wanted all I needed to do was find the house. I went on ahead of everyone and started looking at the numbers of the houses and at the room's on the second floors. Once I found the number I wanted I crossed the street and looked up to the second floor. I could clearly see the pink walls and a slanted white ceiling with posters. This was it. I crossed the street again and began knocking on the door.

“Liyah!” I shouted banging on the door. “Liyah! Abre la puerta.” After a few more seconds of shouting at the door it finally creaked open. The first thing I saw was a little baby girl with a pacifier in her mouth. She was dressed in all pink and was starring up at me with one muddy brown eye and a green eye. “Hi peepee.” I said smiling down at her. I picked her up and held her at arms length. “I'm begging you. Please don't pee on me today.” I pulled her in and hugged her to me chest. Despite her sister and her mom I loved this little girl. Looking away from her I found Liyah. She looked at me completely shocked.

“Omg!!” She screeched before pulling me into a hug and jumping up and down. Wordlessly I patted her back. I only pretended to be her friend but from her point of view we were bitter sweet best friends. I walked further inside once she let go. The others followed and murmured a greeting. “Oh.” I heard Liyah gasp. I was pretty sure I knew what she gasped at. A little boy around eleven came around the corner and immediately smiled when he saw me. He ran and jumped into my arms.

“Be careful of your sister.” I groaned as I caught him. I had both the little girl and the little boy in my arms. “You got bigger. I remember when you were still seven.” He laughed.

“Jonathan!” He screamed in delight. I let go and he dropped onto the floor and ran to Jonathan. He wordlessly picked up the little boy and held him in his arms. “Do you want to go play Grand Theft Auto? I got the new one. Remember the trick Adrian tough you? I can do it and this time you don't have to do it in a car." I blushed a little at the reminder. I should have never showed Jonathan that trick because Bebo had learned it and wouldn't stop doing it.

"Bebo get down. We have to talk to your sister. Plus it sounds like your mom's going out. Are you going with her?" I really hoped he was because Liyah usually ends up baby sitting both him and the little girl. I didn't mind the little girl but I did him. Just then Liyah's mom and step-father came and greeted me. They took Bebo and Beba, the little girl, from my arms and left. Once I was sure they were gone I sighed. "Where's your room?" I asked Liyah so was still starring at Jonathan.

"Second floor. The door straight ahead." She mumbled. I nodded and grabbed Jonathan's hand. I made me way up the stairs. At the top was only two door's one on the side and one straight ahead. The door was slightly ajar enough so that I could make out the pink walls.

__________________________________________________________________

Vote&Comment pleasee :]

A Deadly First LoveOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara