Chapter 18

“She’s a good actor. I thought they were actually dating.” Some boy I had met earlier said. Apparently the group of five boys and three girls that usually come to the house aren’t the only wolves in that pack. I basically met Mario’s entire pack. I didn’t even bother to learn every one’s name.

            “You! Mister disobedience! Didn’t I say you couldn’t come over until I said it was clear?” I said looking positively furies at Jonathan. He looked at me completely speechless. I think he’s scared that he hurt my feelings or something. That face was too cute. I couldn’t help myself. I busted out laughing. Jonathan let out a breath. I smiled. He was worried. Sighing I sat down in his lap. “I’m exhausted.”

            “That makes two of us.” Tayy said sitting down next to Andy. “I was talking to some chick and I had to try so hard to be nice to her even though I really just wanted to rip out her hair and smash her head against the floor.” She was obviously infuriated.

            I chuckled nervously and scratched my cheek with one finger looking away. “Right… I never want to be near you when you’re in a fight or fight you.”

            “Why?” She said disapproval clear in the voice.

            Again I chuckled nervously. “Honestly, you scare the crap out of me.”

            Tayy’s face fell flat and I felt bad but before I could say anything Andy nodded. “Mhm. She’s like that. She can scare Chucky.”

            My body twitched. I covered my mouth and turned away but I couldn’t help it. I started laughing insanely. I was glad I was already sitting down because if not I would have fallen. A couple people chuckled. Once it was out of my system I turned to Tayy. “It’s not that what she said was funny it’s just that the thought of someone scaring Chucky made me laugh. I pretty sure no one could scare that beautiful scary little monster.”

            “You like that little thing?” Helena asked walking over with a boy in tow

            I chuckled. “How could you not love that little red headed freckled beast?”

            “That’s so like you.” Jonathan said staring into space. He took a drink of some Heineken, that appeared out of no where but I didn’t question it.

            “What’s that supposed to mean?” I asked accusingly.

            He just shrugged his shoulders. “Just sounds like you. I’d be surprised if you didn’t like him.” I fake gasped and flicked him on his temple. People chuckled.

            They started talking about things I didn’t pay much mind to. I was too tired to focus on them and their conversation so instead I played around with his hand. I touched each one of his fingers crossing them and measuring them. I lined his wrist with mine and saw how much bigger his hands were to mine. My fingers barely made it to the third, and final, bend of his fingers. His hand suddenly came to life and intertwined it’s self with mine. I gasped a little and looked at him. He was smiling sweetly at me. I couldn’t look away. I felt my lips pull up into a smile. I felt exactly like I did on that first that he went to school. Everything outside of him and I blurred and I didn’t know what was happening anymore. My stomach became full of butterflies. I was excited and nervous and happy. I felt tiny. Minuscule as he look at me. Like he was looking into me, through me. He brought our hands up to his lips and kissed my hand then our fingers. My smile grew and whoa, there goes the volcano of extra unnecessary butterflies especially reserved for Jonathan.