In The End

I woke up wrapped softly in someone’s arms. It heat radiating off of the chest was amazing and suffocating but I didn’t want to pull away. I could feel something pulling at me. My body was burning from the inside out. A sort of white hot fire scolding everything within its reach. Whoever wrapped me up groaned and pulled one arm away. I looked up into Ricardo’s eyes the same moment he looked down at mines.

            It was like meeting for the first time all over again. The sudden blast I got from looking at his eyes had me hyperventilating. The whole world blurred out behind his head. The only thing visible was him. He was center stage after a snow fall. He was everything.

            I could only imagine what he felt.

            “This means…” Ricardo sat up and loomed over me. I couldn’t looking up at him unable to move. He got off the bed and turned to look at me. His charming smile was bigger than ever. “I think you should go get ready and then go see Jonathan.”

            I was getting ready to protest when I remembered Jonathan. Something was definitely different. I did as he said and snuck over to my room. Once I took and shower and dressed for the day I left for Jonathan’s room.

            “Get the fuck out of here.” Was all I heard before a pillow hit me hard enough on the face to make me stumble back. Looking up shocked at his face I saw his signature smirk and the glint in his eyes. He had his memory back.

            I laughed. This was the Jonathan I had fallen in love with. The dirty talking, name calling, flirty, unexpectedly wonderful Jonathan. I still felt that special and strong bond with him but it was different. It wasn’t until Ricardo grabbed my hand that I realized what it was.

            Jonathan would never be more than a brother to me now. And personally, I did not mind.

            I had Ricardo now. I had both the sun and sky looming over head. No matter what there will never be another dark sky.

            Yet, I pray you:

            But with the word the time will bring on summer,

            When briers shall have leaves as well as thorns,

            And be as sweet as sharp. We must away;

            Our wagon is prepared, and time revives us:

            All's well that ends well; still the fine's the crown;

            Whate'er the course, the end is the renown.

            Shakespeare – ‘All's Well That Ends Well’, 1601

I just want to say thank you to anyone who sat through this hopeless mess with me. I'm really very happy. And if you're still here let me know about the choice. Maybe she should have stuck with Jonathan?