Chapter 3

Chapter shout out! ExiaDark, skybluelover123, Amaz1ng101,HaleyBecker, XxSasuNaruxX, Asuna8762, katiebaby6, and LittleMissBritan.

I don't own Naruto.

----

This is strange. I feel like I know where I am right now, but everything is wrong. It's the same forest that I travelled through all the time, east of Konoha, but there are fewer trees and more small roads that I don't know where they leave. It's also weird because I should be nowhere near the village, seeing as the team and I was heading for the north-east border. I can't remember much of what happened, the last thing was telling Rin to stay behind me after we got ambushed by Iwa-Shinobis. Did Kakashi, Obito, and Rin beat them? Where are they, I can't even sense any of their chakras? Was Minato-sensei's part of the mission successful? Why was it after I woke up on the side of the road that I was alone? Why did I wake up on the side of an unfamiliar road? And more importantly, what all happened after I blacked out? My head feels like it was put through a vice. Maybe after I walk for a while I'll hopefully remember something.

I frowned when I looked down at what I had written, brushing my tangled hair out of my face.

So, because I have no clue what's going on, but I do know what I have to do. 1. Find my teammates (and beat the hell out of them for leaving me behind) 2. Find my flute, because my flute and all my shinobi tools were gone when I woke up. Even my headband! And last but not least 3. Get back to Konoha (and get a new headband)

I nodded my head in conclusion before snapping my journal closed, placing it in the only pouch that I had left on me. After I made sure that the top was snapped closed I stood up from the branch I was sitting on, dust from the dirt that had literally covered my clothes. My dark purple crop jacket with a longer left sleeve and my dark blue half skirt that covered nearly all of my left leg and went up to my mid-thigh on my right leg were by far the worst, stained and a little tattered, but I knew a good tailor in the Village so I wasn't all that worried. My light blue tank top, the fishnets I wear underneath my jacket that and my black shorts that I wore under my skirt were better but still dusty.

The only part that wasn't as dirty was the bottom of my left sleeve was wear my clan symbol was located, which is a crescent moon that had three lines running from the bottom left to the top right, connected by two stars. The top half of the moon was silver while the bottom half was gold. I didn't really know why that single part of my whole outfit wasn't dirty, but it wasn't taking precedence in my mind right now. I looked up and saw through the tree tops that it was early in mid-morning.

'Well, I guess I should better get walking', I thought to myself as I jumped off the tree branch and made my way onto the road, taking the direction I had seen an elderly couple take as they talked about the 'giant village' that they were heading too. It had been a few hours ago, so I didn't really expect to see them again. 'Idiot! You should have asked them what this 'village' was!' I scolded myself, trying to tame my tangled hair before I gave up and tied it into a high ponytail as I slowly made my way on the road.

'Well, seeing a random red-haired girl stumble out of the forest, covered head to toe in dirt, asking about where they were going would have probably scared them off. I just hope I don't get lost before I find my team. I for one do not want to spend a day, or night in an unfamiliar territory while a war is going on, especially alone with no tools.'

---

'And I am so officially lost...' I had been walking on the small road for more hours than I could have kept track of, trying to stay going east encase I got lucky, but too many times the road forked off and went in two or three different directions. I had not seen a single soul while I was walking, human or animal, so when I was walking I would often snack on plants I found that I knew were edible, but they didn't fully satisfied me. For a while a small creak travelled alongside the road, so I was able to stay hydrated, but I ended up taking a turn that the creek did not.