definition of a bad first impression - avenji

definition of a bad first impression — avenji

summaries:

some first impressions are found in a collapsing building.

+ overwatch oc week 2017 +

Their first meeting is not of ideal time, locations, nor circumstances. If anything, it is something that may be considered within the definition of a bad first impression.

It was midnight, in a Talon base, and it seems that the base was being raided by the rogue revived organization called Overwatch.

So it would make sense that the scene would have looked rather odd to the cyborg. A Talon grunt sprinting their way through the hallways with ease, a metal briefcase in hand. Aven remembered it being an effort to calm himself or at least his appearance, so he could only assume what a stark contrast it was against the burning and collapsing building around them.

The moment that Aven Cross laid eyes on Genji Shimada, he recognizes the Omnic-looking being almost immediately. He may have never met the cyborg once, but had seen one too many pictures of him in files that barely few had access to. Hailing from the Shimada family in Hanamura, human turned cyborg, was aged thirtyfive, and ex-member of Overwatch who had left shortly before the fall. Unfortunately, while he may had lost his human appearance, he had gained inhuman agility and speed, making him quite lethal.

In retrospect, Aven should have flung the briefcase at the cyborg for a momentary distraction, instead of attempting flee with the heavy object. But the briefcase had been his only surefire route out of the life he had stumbled into. All of this hacking, programming, running around against his own will... He would be able to make some money off of it in the black markets, enough to purge the presence of his identity in the world. Enough to start anew.

But what was done was done.

He sat, handcuffed, in a rather comfortable seat aboard their ship—what was it called again? Oh yes—the ORCA. It would seem that they had regained a rather capable pilot if the British cursing streaming from the front of the vehicle was of any use to Aven.

They did not give him a blindfold, perhaps too busy with making sure the ship would not come down.It would seem that Talon had sent reinforcements. Of course they had. This was one fo their main strongholds. Which led to another interesting question: how had they discovered the location of it? A mole perhaps. There were plenty of those.

It was a few minutes before the panic and violent rocking of the ship finally came to a stop. With that, people's injuries were tended to and the members spoke in low voices. There was Angela Ziegler, Mercy. It was intriguing to see that she had came back. Reinhardt Wilhelm. It seemed age truly did not hold some people back.

His eyes bounced around the ship, analyzing each person, matching them to their files. Overwatch had truly pulled together a vigilante group. However, it did not seem like his staring was welcomed and he almost wished they had given him a blindfold. Whenever another crew member would walk by, it was done so with a glare.

But perhaps what was the biggest purpose for the desire of that blindfold was a very particular set of eyes that seemed to be drilling a hole into the side of his head. The cyborg. Genji. For most of the flight back to wherever they seemed to be hiding out, Genji had sat, face directed towards him. Although if his eyes were actually glued onto himself, Aven wasn't quite sure. A faceplate could do that after all.

But what was behind it?

At some point in the long flight, Aven had fallen asleep. He was awaken by a rough shake, followed by an equally as rough voice. Eyes opening, it took in the owner. Soldier: 76. A fascinating development. Last Aven had heard of this particular vigilante, he had been stuck in Dorado.