- gajeel redfox x reader

gajeel redfox x reader 

summaries:

  ☾ " " ☾

The doorway swung open and your eyes flickered up to them with a dry sense of hope. Not him. Flames started to rise from her impatience. Where the hell was the bloody dragon slayer? He obviously was either staying true to the thought of being fashionably late being sexy or he was flaking. And if that asshole was flaking on you . . .

Readjusting your sitting position, you snorted at the sight of the time. That asshole was supposed to have been sitting in front of you two long hours ago. Luckily for him, you had a huge amount of patience, this was a cafe, and you really had nothing else to do today. After all, what could you think about doing after being framed as a thief and then taking down a dark guild?

3:23. Getting dangerously close to three hours - and the end of your patience. If that metal head didn't arrive within the next ten minutes, you were so going to be out of there. There was a night festival happening a few towns over so you could still make it if you snatched the next train at 4.

You stared out the window, eyes not focusing really on anything in particular. Everything seemed bland to what she had experienced over the past couple of weeks. It had all started when she had apparently pissed off somebody rather important in dark guilds. Pissed them off enough to send in request to Fairy Tail, complete with a fake list of crimes you had "committed". To cement that information even more, when Team Natsu had found you, you had been caught with something that had been stolen from a museum or whatever. (Someone had just handed it to you, asking you to just hold it while they tied their shoes.) Confused and thoroughly frightened, you had dropped the stolen piece of work and fled.

How you had escaped from such an elite group was beyond you, but you had somehow managed it. After which, you hopped from one friend's house to another, doing your best to make sure you left no tracks behind until you could figure out what the hell was going on. A couple hours, someone else managed to solve the mystery first and find you. Gajeel Redfox, using whatever connections he had at his disposal, managed to understand the complexity of the situation, find you, and convince Team Natsu you weren't at fault.

Unfortunately for Gajeel Redfox, while he excelled at having connections, he sucked ass at cleaning up his tracks. Right after all had been explained, chaos exploded as some random dude that was the master of a Dark Guild attacked. It took a minute, but you manage to recognize him as that one dude you had accidentally spilled your iced tea on a few months back.

. . . Moving on, he had somehow gotten his hands on some artifacts that amplified his dark magic. (And when you said dark magic, you literally meant dark magic. He could control darkness. Cliche much?) And like all great dark guild masters, you have to bring the whole entire crew along. Due to your shock and hesitance to fight, you ended up being the only one free to attack the boss, as everyone else was currently busy fighting the huge amount of guild members.

Clearly you were at a disadvantage . . . right?

Unbeknownst to everyone, you had an ace or two up your sleeve. 

editing

Somehow, you had managed to take that asshole down. It may had accounted to the fact that you had three types of magic; teleportation, something you had been born with, healing and card summoning magic, whom you had learned from numerous people. Either way, you were so happy that was done and over with.

Bored, you pulled out your deck of cards that you used for magic tricks to entertain. You did have to get along somehow!

Deciding that you should probably do a reading for yourself, because you hadn't done one in a while, you shuffled the cards. Without missing a beat, you spread the cards out in an arc and grabbed one at random. Ace of Hearts.