skittles - nalu

skittles — nalu

summaries:

candy could have never tasted sweeter.

"Hvaða litur?" 

She could tell he was coming towards her without even looking. It was a talent you could say . . . perhaps if you weren't deaf.

"Hey Luce!" Natsu grinned, basically galloping his way towards the Celestial mage, knocking anything and everything in his way over. "What'cha eating?"

The blonde snorted at her team member, before rolling her eyes as she popped some more into her mouth. "Skittles."

"Can I have some?"

Lucy's eyebrows lifted up in complete disbelief as she stared at the fire mage. Natsu wanted something sugary? He twitched nervously under her gaze.

She narrowed her eyes. "I thought you didn't like sweets though."

The pinkette scratched the back of his head, nervous chuckles rumbling from his throat, before completely cutting around the question. "Can't I have some though?"

Even though she was suspicious, Lucy supposed giving him some wouldn't hurt. Not like he had been put up to any prank or something like that, right?

"What color?"

The answer was an innocent, "Yellow, please!"

Handing several of the small candies over, Lucy peered around to see if someone was pulling a prank on her using the fire mage. But no one seemed to be looking their way; after all, it seemed that most of them were putting bets on some type of drinking contest with Cana. Shaking her head, she turned back to Natsu.

Resting her chin on her hands, she stared at her partner, a bit perplexed by his actions. "Why'd you want some yellow Skittles?"

Natsu cleared this throat and stuttered a little, his face becoming flushed. "O-Oh. It's because I like the way they look, but I d-don't know what they taste like."

Tilting her head, Lucy looked back, confused. What was he even talking about? Hadn't he just swallowed a couple of the -

It happened quicker than she could think, her eyes nearly popping out of their sockets. So this is what that pink haired idiot had been nervous about?

Her mouth twitched. Never mind that now. Natsu Dragneel had finally pulled up the tenacity to kiss Lucy Heartfilia.

Finally.

  ツ "Hver er næstur?"  

The white haired mage watching the whole event from the bar giggled as she smiled at the two mages lip-locked. She had someone gotten those two stubborn and stupid partners together, after a couple years of trying. 

Lisanna looked up at her sister with an amused face. "Mira, what'd you do this time?"

"Oh," Mira winked, another giggle slipping out. "Just giving out a little bit of candy and advice. What could possibly have gone wrong?"

The younger sibling mage followed her older sister's line of sight before landing on the newly made couple blush and lay their foreheads against each other. A grin slipped onto her face, as Natsu made a comment, most likely stupid or offensive, (or probably both), which caused the younger blonde mage to smack him. The sisters laughed at the incident, before turning back to look at each other.

"Well," Lisanna wondered, " who's next?"

Mira's innocent smile flickered into a nasty smirk before switching back with a hum. Lisanna's eyes popped and she murmured some odd excuse to return home.

  "Endirinn."  

[ ack, it feels weird re-writing these things that I wrote a long time ago. my writing was shit back then and still is. It also felt weird writing about nalu again. i havent really touched that couple in a while. . . BTW, if you can guess what foreign language I'm using . . . :-) ]

- Rico

dedicated to Alkiller for the lovely cover