Chapter 8

I took a quick shower and made my way to my closet where I picked out a pair of white denim jeans with a white top that had "QUEEN" written in black on it and paired it with my leather jacket and my black sneakers.

What can I say, I kinda dig the whole badass look.

I put my usual mascara and cherry lip gloss while leaving my hair in its natural wavy state.

Glancing at my watch I saw that it was nearly seven, so the girls would be here any minute to pick me up.

I took my handbag and made sure I had enough money in my purse. It was actually more than enough but I'm not complaining.

Once again Hazel being her usual self, gave me an allowance. I didn't even have to ask.

I smiled at how lovely Hazel and Hank have treated me so far.

Beep! Beep!

The sound of a car honking outside snapped me out of my thoughts.

I looked outside my bedroom window to see a red Jeep parked out at my front door. I immediately ran down like a mad person.

"Hey um, I have to go now. See you later." I hugged Hazel and Hank when I reached downstairs.

"Enjoy your night." Hank said smiling.

"And text me when you get there please." Hazel said making me nod.

"Bye." I opened the front door and gave them one last glance.

As I approached the car I saw Mary in the driver seat waving frantically at me and gesturing for me to get inside.

"Woah!" Becca eyed me up and down. "Look at all the sauce she's bringing to the squad guys." I blushed at her choice of words.

"Sexy, sexy." Julie teased from the passenger seat.

"Yeah, yeah. Are we going or what?" I asked rolling my eyes at them.

"Whoo! And she's got spice." Mary spoke this time and they all laughed while Mary finally started driving.

I turned to Katie. "Are they always like this?"

"Always." She chuckled.

"How long is the ride to the movies?" I asked to no one in specific.

"About twenty minutes." Mary replied.

Julie turned on the radio and "Shape Of You" by Ed Sheran was playing.

We drove in comfortable silence as we all hummed to the beat.

Once we found a parking space, we made our way into the movies.

We got our popcorn, snacks and cooldrinks and headed into the cinema.

We decided on watching the movie "The Best Of Me". A classic romantic.

We all took our seats and watched the movie.

The part where Dawson got shot resonated throughout the quiet cinema and my heart literally stopped.

It was so sad and unexpected.

My tears were pouring out of my eyes as I looked to my left and right to see the girls crying too.

It just goes to show that life isn't as easy going and simplistic as people make it out to be.

This movie is realistic but most times people like myself, don't like facing reality and make up silly little fantasies that for sure does not happen.

Like the saying goes 'High expectations lead to disappointment and low expections leads to surprises.'

As the credits started falling we made our way out of the cinema.

"Wow that was .." Julie started.

"Amazing." Mary sighed.

"But so .." Julie started to say.

"Sad." Becca finished.

"Yeah, definitely my favourite movie." I said while they all nodded their heads.

"I'm hungry, all that popcorn did no good." Katie spoke.

"Let's get going then. I want pizza!" Becca yelled as she looped her arm in mine, directing me to the food court.

We all made our way to Pizza Hut and placed in our orders.

We bought an hawaiin pizza, a chicken and mushroom pizza, a marguerita pizza and steak pizza.

Yes. This is what the definition of love is - food in a box.

"Hmm, this is heaven." Julie moaned as she took a bite out of her pizza.

"Who is the most delicious thing in the whole entire universe huh? You are! That's who." Becca cooed at her pizza slice in her hand and we all burst out laughing.

"So mature." Mary said in between laughs.

"Ugh whatever." Becca shot back annoyed and took a bite out of her pizza.

"Guys we forgot the drinks." Katie face palmed herself.

"I'll get it." I offered.

"Thanks Lil." Katie smiled gratefully.

"No problem. Is cokes alright?" They all nodded.

I wiped my greesy hands off my napkin before making my way to Pizza Hut again, waiting in the line.

About five minutes passed until finally I got to a till.

As I got to the till, I'm met with the same guy Mikayla was with at the supermarket earlier today.

Mysterious guy as I like to call him.

"Hey, uhm. Can I get five cokes please." I asked politely.

He nodded and told me the amount.

"Thanks." He said once he got the money.

I smiled in response.

Trying to make conversation I asked him what's his name.

"Liam." He replied.

I stiffened at his reply.

"Liam, Rhodes." He finished.

Making me sigh in defeat.

A part of me would always hold onto a little hope of at least having one of my family members alive.

I know I'm being silly.

But I know that it is impossible as I witnessed them die right in front of my eyes.

"Oh, um. Nice to meet you. I'm Lily, Lily Gomez." I extended my hand out for him to take.

"Nice to meet you Lily." He smiled a little and took my hand. He then gave me all five cokes in a bag.

"Thanks." I smiled before making my way out of Pizza Hut. 

There's something about that Liam guy that I just can't seem to fathom.

I feel like I know him.

I brushed off any silly thoughts and made my way to the table we were sat at.

"Finally!" Julie exclaimed as I arrived.

"I'm dying of thirst! What took you so long?" Mary asked.

"Yeah, I was just about to come look for you." Becca spoke.

"Sorry guys, there was a long line." I responded as I handed them each a coke.

We chatted about random things like whose hotter Zac Efron or Channing Tatum.

Channing Tatum duh.

And we had a lovely time laughing over the weirdest of things.

How bad Becca is at telling jokes.

And Katie pulling the weirdest of faces.

We took a whole lot of selfies together.

It was a fun filled night with these amazing girls.

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter 💞 .
Please dont forget to VOTE and COMMENT me your thoughts please xx