Chapter 7

I glanced at my phone to check the time to see that its 10 am.

I stretched and made my way to the bathroom to take a shower.

After a nice, long shower I put on a blue knee-length dress and my sandals. I decided on doing my homework because I had nothing better to do.

About 15 minutes into it, someone knocked on my door and I replied with "come in.".

"Hey Lily, you must be hungry. I brought you some breakfast." Hazel came in with a tray filled with sausages, eggs and my favourite pancakes with nutella. I thanked her and she kissed me on my forehead.

"Hank went to work, I still have to do some grocery shopping. Wanna join?" I could hear the uncertainty in her voice.

"Yeah, I'd love to. I'll meet you downstairs." I smiled and she returned it.

She was just about to walk out of the door but stopped and turned around to face me.

"You're such a strong girl and you deserve everything good in life. And I can't tell you how thankful Hank and I are to have you in our lives." She said sincerely, her eyes were glassy with unshed tears.

To say I was stunned was an underunderstatement.

I stood up and gave her a hug.

She tensed a little but hugged me back.

"Thank you Lily, thank you." She whispered.

"No thank you, thank you for giving me a chance at starting anew. I'll forver be grateful." I said honestly.

I'm one lucky girl to be surrounded by such amazing people.

Things happen for a reason and that thing is called life.

I need to start living my life for the better, not only for me but for my family as well.

I needed to make them proud.

"Ooh I'm getting so emotional." Hazel chuckled as we pulled apart from each other. She wipes her tear stained eyes.

"I'll see you downstairs." I nodded with a smile as she closed the door.

I ate my breakfast quickly trying to savour every bite.

After about 10 minutes I made my way downstairs.

I put my dishes in the dishwasher and headed to the living room and found Hazel talking on the phone.

About a minute passed and she placed the phone in her bag.

"You ready?" She asked.

"Yep." I said, popping the "p".

We made our way to the car and sat in comfortable silence while the radio was playing "bad things" by Camila Cabello ft Machine Gun Kelly.

Hazel actually has pretty good taste in music, if i do say so myself.

It took 15 minutes to get to the supermarket.

We made our way inside and I got the cart.

The supermarket was quite full.

Hazel put in a whole lot a things that we needed and gave me free range to choose any junk food.

She's cool I know.

Not wanting to over do it, I just took a packet of Lays chips and a box of Oreos.

Hazel shot me a 'is that all you're gonna take like really' look. I chuckled nervously.

She then took a large packet of Cheetos , popcorn and Simba chips with another box of Oreos and a box of chocolate chip cookies.