Chapter 9

The weekend flew by pretty fast.

As you all know, I had gone to the movies with the squad on Saturday night, which might I add was the most fun I had in a very, very long time.

Sunday came and gone just as quick.
I had Sunday lunch with Hazel and Hank, where they told me more about themselves and their iconic love story. We actually had a very good time and they told me that in next week sometime I'll get to meet the rest of their family. Nervous would be an understatement, but I am really looking forward to it though.

One last glance in the mirror and I was off to school on this fine Monday morning, in a very good mood might I add.

No reason in particular, I'm just allowing happiness to enter my life - no time for negativity.

Waving goodbye to Hank as he dropped me off at school. I made my way to the staircase where the girls agreed to meet up by.

"Hey guys." I hugged them all.

"Where's Mary?" I asked.

"The day we find that out is the day that Katie actually gets herself a boyfriend which may be uhm ... never?" Julie questioned.

"Haha, funny." Katie rolled her eyes.

"You seem to be in a good mood today hey." Becca grinned. "Is there something I should know about or rather someone?" She wiggled her eyebrows suggestively.

I bumped my shoulder against hers playfully. "No." I drawled out. "I guess its just one of those days." I smiled.

"Whatever you say." She chuckled.

"How's my favourite girls doing?" Mary came out of no where grinning from ear to ear. She looked flushed. Her red lipstick was a bit smudged on the corners of her lips and her ponytail looked a bit sloppy.

"Woah! What happened to you?" Julie asked.

"What do you mean." She tried fixing herself up a bit.

"You look as if you just came from a heated make-out session." Becca said knowingly, her arms folded as she tapped her foot questioningly.

"Did you?" Katie asked this time.

Mary's face heated up. "I was so not!" She protested. "I just ... uhm. I woke up late this morning and was in a rush, so yeah. That's why." She shook her head.

"Yeah sure." Julie gave her a knowing look.

"I hope you're not lying to us Mary." Katie said. "If there was a new guy in your life, you would tell us right?" Katie looked Mary dead in the eye.

"Of course I would!" Mary said exasperated and it looked as if I saw a hint of guilt in her eyes as she avoided Katie's stare.

"Well good." Becca stated.

"Anyways... have you guys heard about our new student?" Mary changed the subject.

"No who?" Julie asks.

"Liam Rhodes." She replied simply.

Wait. Hold up.

"You mean as in Mikayla Cross' Liam Rhodes?" Becca asked surprised.

Mary nodded.

"Why is he coming here?" Katie asked

"Apparently he got into a heated fight with some guy and beat him up pretty badly and got expelled." She spoke softer this time. "They say it's gang-related."

I gasped out loud.

I would never pass Liam as someone in a gang. He looked to be a sweet guy, just with a lot of troubles. It was hard to process this new information.

"Wow. He always scared the shit out of me when I looked at him." Becca shuddered a bit.

"He's not that bad." I interjected.

"Hold up! You know him?" Julie asked surprised.

"I don't know him personally but I spoke to him Saturday night at Pizza Hut. He works there as a cashier and we introduced ourselves. He seemed nice."

"I can't believe you guys spoke to each other." Mary spoke. "But I've gotta say though, he is so hot!" Mary almost screamed and we all laughed.

"Don't let Mikayla hear you say that." Julie chuckled.

"I don't need to worry about Mikayla no more. I've got my own, personal bodygaurd and her name is Lily Gomez." She bowed before me and we all burst out laughing.

And on cue the bell rang signalling that class is about to start.

"See you girls later." I smiled.

"See you at Math Lily." Becca waved me goodbye and I nodded in response.

My mind was swirling with unknown questions about Liam Rhodes. I don't know why but he seems so strange but not in the bad sense, rather good. A good strange.

Oh god, I'm not even making sense.

"Hey princess." An all too familiar voice spoke beside me.

"Hey Zack." I smiled at him. This guy was way to good looking. A pretty boy.

"I hope you don't mind me walking you to class." He scratched the top of his head nervously.

"No, not at all." He then took my bag and slinged it over his arm. "Thanks" was my magical response.

"No problem." He smiled. "So how you coping with the new school?" He asked.

"Surprisingly very well. Not half as bad as I thought it'd be." I chuckled a bit.

"I'm glad." I looked up to him and I could see he had something on his mind.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

It took him a few seconds to answer but he answered nonetheless. "Nothing, it's just I was wondering if ..." he scratched the back of his neck. "Nevermind."

Okaaaay. I decided to drop it as we made it in front of my class.

"Thanks for walking me to class." I smiled at him.

"It'll always be a pleasure." He smiled and handed me my bag. It looked as if he were about to ask me something again but just ended up shaking his head.

Strange.

I made my way inside the class and multiple eyes were staring at me. Guys giving me weird stares and girls giving me nasty death glares.

Well okay then.

I sat at my desk in the corner as the teacher took the register.

I felt my phone buzz inside my pocket indicating that i received a message.

Taking my phone out, I saw that the message was sent from an unknown number.

Curiously I opened the message and a smile instantly spread across my face.

It was Scott Hardy. My best friend.

It read: Lily! I miss you so much but I have amazing news!! I'm turning eighteen on Friday which means that I'll FINALLY be able to get out of this hell hole called home. Don't worry about where I'll be staying as I have that all worked out. I hope you're doing well and that they're taking good care of you. Send me your address so that I can come visit you on Saturday. Can't wait to see you. Lots of love - Scott

I couldn't stop smiling. His text made my day. This made me realise how much I miss Scott and his craziness. He's like the older brother I wish I had and I was especially looking forward to seeing him this Saturday.

Vote, Comment & Follow please :)