Chapter 4

**A picture of Julia Hook above**

After about two minutes. I heard my name being called out. "Lily!"

I saw the feet of the girls behind the toilet door separating us. Seperating the mess I am, from their perfect lives.

I pulled myself together, mentally scolding myself with a small pep talk, and made my way out of the toilet.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Katie and Becca asked, they sounded so sympathetic. I didn't want their sympathy, it made me feel weak.

"Nothing. Really, I was just being silly."

"Silly my foot. What's wrong Lily?"
Julie asked this time, determination in her voice. Her tall figure creating a sense of confidence that illuminated in her presence.

"Yeah Lily, what's wrong, I know you just met us and all but you're one of us now, you're part of the squad and if you're hurting, we hurt too." Mary said softly. These girls are pretty amazing, I mean, they don't even know me fully, but yet they were so caring.

I'm not ready to tell them and I don't think I'll ever be.

"It's just I miss living in Cape Town... I know it's stupid but I really miss it there, all my friends and memories." I blew out.

Which is not far from the truth because I do miss it there. A whole lot. My life was back there, a part of me would always miss. My home.

"Aww Lily." Katie cooed, engulfing me in a hug. She whispered in my ear -"You have us now and besides you're coming with us this summer, then you can introduce us to your friends."

Before I knew it, Julie, Mary and Becca jumped in for a group hug.

I feel guilty for not telling them the real reason why I miss Cape Town but I knew it was for the best.

Cape Town was where I grew up with my family.

I shouldn't be here in America but I have no family who could take care of me in South Africa, so I was forced to stay in one of their orphanges.

Yep. 'The Orphanage' was the next best thing.

Besides that, I'm glad to have these girls by my side.

But what I really am stoked about is that:

I'm part of a a squad!!!

********************************

It's fifth period and it's Biology but Mrs. Phillips had a family crisis to attend to and we had the class all to ourselves.

Yay!

No sarcasm intended as I'm so lucky to have Julie to keep me company.

Besides having Maths with Becca, I matched my schedule with the rest of the girls and I have classes with Julie which is Biology right now and PE with Mary. I don't have any classes with Katie, whch was a bummer.

I'm cut out of my thoughts by Julie tapping on my shoulder.

"Yeah?" I asked, somewhat embrassed for dazing off like that.

"Meet Robert Haynes, Becca's twin brother." She said, gesturing to someone seated behind her.

I turned to meet Becca's twin brother and I must say he is quite the looker.

Sporting a tight fitted grey sweater with a pair of black skinny jeans and his black sunglasses resting on his head just like Julie's.

You can see the slight resemblance of Becca and Robert. It's really cute.

It makes me miss my twin brother so much more and I wonder how he would look like right now.

Sigh.

"And Julie's boyfriend-" Robert finished and winked at Julie, causing Julie to bite back a smile. He turned to me again -"but you can call me Rob."

I smiled at the scene before me. They're so cute.

"Nice to meet you Rob." I said with a small smile.

"I know it seems weird to be dating one of my best friends brother, let alone twin brother-" she emphasised twin "-but Rob over here just wouldn't leave me alone but I can't blame him though.-" she chuckled.

"He pestered me like a million times to go out with him and i turned him down everytime, and surprisingly enough Becca had no problem with me dating her brother and it was she who convinced me to go out with him in the first place and the rest as they say, is history." She rambled on and on, waving her hands wildly in the air.

She smiled at Rob, and ruffled his hair a bit.

"No it's not weird. You guys are pretty cute actually."i grinned at the couple.

Julie looks like this strong personality that goes for those biker type kinda guys and Rob could pass for one, he's just missing the leather jacket.

"She just doesn't wanna admit that she wanted this masterpiece a long time ago." He pointed his thumbs to his chest to prove his point.

I chuckled. High school love is so sweet.

"Keep telling yourself that baby." She grinned.

"Babe there's no need in denying it." He smirks, as he placed a kiss on her forehead.

"Whatever." She looked at me again.

"So I see Zack over there can't stop staring at you." She gestured with her eyes to the right.

I almost froze when Zack's gaze locked with mine.

It was if I was in a trance.

After what felt like hours, but merely seconds, he finally broke our gazes, shaking his head and I turned to look at Julie and Rob's amused faces.

My cheeks immediately flushed.

Julie said something that made my blush deepen and I probably looked like a big fat tomato by now.

"He is TOTALLY smitten with you Lily." She drawled and laughed.

Yeah right.

Not.

"Aww Lily, you look so cute when you blush." Rob teased.

"Gosh guys please stop it." I said, laughing nervously.

"Okay, okay I'm sorry Lily but I just need to say this?" Julie started.

"Yeah?" I asked cautiously.

"I totally ship, Lilack."

"Oh god no." I groaned and they just laughed.

And thats how I spent most of my Biology period.

Julie and Rob teasing me to the core.

I just made a mental note to get them both back for making me feel like a little two year old.

They won't see it coming.

Cue evil laugh

They couldn't stop laughing at each other and the way Rob looked at Julie when she didn't notice, was just too cute for words.

They are so sweet.

I hope to find a love as great as theirs.

******************************

What do you guys think?
Please vote & comment yout thoughts 💖xxxxxxx