Chapter 21

"Hey Lily. Can we talk?" Zack had asked.

Clearing my throat. I turned my head to look at him. "Uh, hey. Sure." I gave a quick nod to Julie and Katie's curious faces and made my way out of the cafeteria with Zack by my side.

We stopped at some random locker in the hallway.

"Uhm well. Sorry for disturbing you I just... I'm really worried about Mary." He sighed in frustration as he ran a hand through his hair.

"She wasn't in school since last week Monday and she hasn't been answering any of my calls." His face was full of worry.

"I've left a dozen messages and ... and I'm just really worried about her. Do you perhaps know if she's okay or if she's hurt or anything. Has she told you anything. This is all my fault." He looked defeated.

This is all my fault. What did he mean by that?

"Mary's okay. She went to visit her grandma." I said and I saw him visibly relax but a look of disappointment flashed over his face.

"Do you know when she'll be back?" He asked, scratching the back of his neck.

"She'll be back in school by tomorrow actually." And that reply was enough to make him smile from ear to ear.

I chuckled at his reaction.

"Thanks princess." That nickname again. I mentally rolled my eyes. It was getting a little annoying now.

"Why do you keep calling me that?" I asked, trying to hide how annoyed I was.

He laughed. "I'm sorry it's just you remind me of those cute, little barbie princesses, you know." He laughed once again.

I was not amused.

"Wow Rider. Thanks."

"Aw don't be like that. I won't call you it again if it bothers you that much. Cool?"

"Cool." I said with a smile.

"You know that Brody dude right?" I nodded to his sudden question. "Well a little birdie told me he's into you. And I mean like really into you. He's made all the guys aware that you're off limits." He chuckled.

Say what now?

This is insane.

"You're kidding me right?" I said with a dry laugh.

"Afraid not." He laughed. "Anyway I've got to go. I'll see you around Lily?"

"Yeah sure."

I need to speak to Brody about this sudden burst of possessiveness, I don't know what to make of it.

But first let me internally fangirl over Mary and Zack.

Mmmm. They'd make a cute couple!

******************************

"All right class I'd like to introduce to you your new Art teacher, Mrs. Peach." Principal Williams announced and in walked a woman around the age of fifty maybe?

Wearing a floor length, thick floral skirt with an oversized green shirt and a whole lot of bangles dangling from either side of her arms. Her blue hair was left in natural wavy curls and she had no shoes on. Yep. She was barefoot.

At least her toe nails were painted a baby pink colour.

A few snickers could be heard in the class.

"I'll leave you to it then Mrs. Peach." Principal Williams said as he gave a wave to the class and left.

"Alright then." She said in a bored tone. "First thing is first. I will not tolerate any disrespect. Do as I say and we'll have no problems."